Edge Briefs 3/24: Canes in Color, Build a Street Sign, ‘The Huntsman: Winter’s War’

Canes in Color

A night filled with dancing and paint splatter, Canes in Color is an EDM paint party being held by Hurricane Productions Daytime and the Department of Housing & Residential Life. The event will be held from 9-11 p.m. Thursday on the Green and the first 250 students in attendance will receive a free white T-shirt.

Build a Street Sign

Spend $5 or more on your favorite dishes from the Rat and get the chance to make your own street sign courtesy of Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday and a valid receipt is needed to build a sign.

“The Huntsman: Winter’s War”

An advance screening of the film starring Emily Blunt, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron will be shown at 9 p.m. on March 29 at the Cosford Cinema. “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” follows Freya, a young queen who can freeze enemies, as she sets out to retrieve a magic mirror and encounters threats to the kingdom. The event is free and first come, first served.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user stux.

Emily Dabau

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...