Edge Briefs 3/24: Canes in Color, Build a Street Sign, ‘The Huntsman: Winter’s War’

Canes in Color

A night filled with dancing and paint splatter, Canes in Color is an EDM paint party being held by Hurricane Productions Daytime and the Department of Housing & Residential Life. The event will be held from 9-11 p.m. Thursday on the Green and the first 250 students in attendance will receive a free white T-shirt.

Build a Street Sign

Spend $5 or more on your favorite dishes from the Rat and get the chance to make your own street sign courtesy of Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday and a valid receipt is needed to build a sign.

“The Huntsman: Winter’s War”

An advance screening of the film starring Emily Blunt, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron will be shown at 9 p.m. on March 29 at the Cosford Cinema. “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” follows Freya, a young queen who can freeze enemies, as she sets out to retrieve a magic mirror and encounters threats to the kingdom. The event is free and first come, first served.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user stux.

Emily Dabau

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...