Culture, Food

Celebrate March Madness with restaurant deals

In honor of NCAA March Madness, there are several restaurants offering specials so fans don’t have to cheer on their favorite players with an empty stomach. While watching the Canes take on Villanova Thursday for the NCAA Regional Tournament at Louisville, don’t miss out on these food specials.

Spring Chicken:

Items at Spring Chicken including the Yardbird Sandwich, Mama’s Chicken Biscuit and Yardbird Stock Ale will be 50 percent off in celebration of the Canes’ success in March Madness. The promotion is available for lunch the day after the Canes win a night game and for dinner if the Canes win a day game. To redeem the offer, guests must pay with the Spring Chicken app.

Spring Chicken is located at 1514 S. Dixie Hwy.

Papa John’s:

When you order at least $15 from Papa John’s to get you through a long night of studying, you’ll be rewarded with a free large pizza for the day after. Just use the promotional code FREETHROW through April 4 to have a large free pizza sent your way.

Papa John’s is located at 1596 S. Dixie Hwy.

The Rat:

If your idea of the perfect game-watch party involves wings, then get decked out in orange and green and head over to the Rat Thursday for a Sweet 16 Watch Party with your fellow Canes, hosted by the Rathskeller Advisory Board and Category 5. Free wings will be given out to the first 75 students in attendance beginning at 6:45 p.m., and game time is 7:10 p.m. There will also be giveaways including water bottles, rally towels, March Madness shirts and UM Adidas apparel.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user bhumann34.

Emily Dabau

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol