Edge, Food

Celebrate March Madness with restaurant deals

In honor of NCAA March Madness, there are several restaurants offering specials so fans don’t have to cheer on their favorite players with an empty stomach. While watching the Canes take on Villanova Thursday for the NCAA Regional Tournament at Louisville, don’t miss out on these food specials.

Spring Chicken:

Items at Spring Chicken including the Yardbird Sandwich, Mama’s Chicken Biscuit and Yardbird Stock Ale will be 50 percent off in celebration of the Canes’ success in March Madness. The promotion is available for lunch the day after the Canes win a night game and for dinner if the Canes win a day game. To redeem the offer, guests must pay with the Spring Chicken app.

Spring Chicken is located at 1514 S. Dixie Hwy.

Papa John’s:

When you order at least $15 from Papa John’s to get you through a long night of studying, you’ll be rewarded with a free large pizza for the day after. Just use the promotional code FREETHROW through April 4 to have a large free pizza sent your way.

Papa John’s is located at 1596 S. Dixie Hwy.

The Rat:

If your idea of the perfect game-watch party involves wings, then get decked out in orange and green and head over to the Rat Thursday for a Sweet 16 Watch Party with your fellow Canes, hosted by the Rathskeller Advisory Board and Category 5. Free wings will be given out to the first 75 students in attendance beginning at 6:45 p.m., and game time is 7:10 p.m. There will also be giveaways including water bottles, rally towels, March Madness shirts and UM Adidas apparel.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user bhumann34.

Emily Dabau

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...