Culture, Music, Ultra

Ultra debutes live festival broadcasts

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different radio programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

If you don’t have tickets to this weekend’s Ultra Music Festival, there’s still a way to get in on the action. On Tuesday, the festival announced its first-ever broadcast strategy, including radio program UMF Radio and video stream service Ultra Live.

Ultra Live, presented by UMF TV, will be broadcast from an outdoor studio on the festival grounds, from 3 p.m. to midnight Friday to Sunday. Hosts Andrea Feczko and Andie Helfrich will virtually guide viewers through the festival with unique content and even fan-talent interaction. Live sets include performances by Afrojack, Avicii, The Chainsmokers and Galantis. According to a press release, two “very special guests” will be co-hosting on Saturday and Sunday.

UMF Radio will be equally historic, as the world’s biggest broadcast of electronic music content ever. It will expand the festival’s worldwide audience even further, broadcasting live across 50 networks in 38 countries from 3-11 p.m. EST on Saturday. Hosted by Andy Pate, the program will also be available on the festival’s website. Confirmed artists who will participate include Carl Cox, Dash Berlin, DJ Snake, Steve Angello, Technasia, Tiësto and Tycho, among others.

Both shows will be streaming at ultramusicfestival.com and on the official festival apps for iOS and Android.

Correction, March 17, 2016: This story originally stated that Ultra Live was a radio program. This is incorrect. Ultra Live will broadcast Ultra through video, not radio.

Emily Dabau

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...