Campus Life, National News, News, UBuzz

Protesters gather outside Republican primary debate at University of Miami

A crowd chanting “Donald Trump has got to go” gathered outside the BankUnited Center Thursday evening. Rallying against G.O.P. front runner and businessman Donald Trump, the protesters marched down Ponce de Leon Blvd with signs and caricatures of the candidate.

The protesters come in time for the Republican primary debate that will be held in the BUC. This is the first time in the University of Miami’s history that a Republican primary debate will take place on the Coral Gables campus. Senator Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich and Senator Marco Rubio will attend the debate.

Below are photographs and video of the gathering. All photos and video taken by Assistant Photo Editor Victoria McKaba.

See More: Republican presidential candidates debate Trump, immigration, Common Core at University of Miami

Sherman Hewitt

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...