Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Miami men’s basketball possibility for March Madness run

The ACC regular-season title is at stake in the final week of regular-season play for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team. The Canes enter this week with a 12-4 mark in ACC, which is a half-game back from North Carolina and a half-game up on Virginia.

In order to win the regular season outright, the Canes must win the last two games and UNC must lose in Durham on Saturday against Duke. This is quite possible if you ask me.

If Miami wins out and UNC beats Duke, then they share the ACC regular-season title.

Packed in one of the best conferences in the country, the Canes have been able to come up with signature wins against Virginia, Duke and Louisville. They have been virtually unstoppable at home going undefeated in the ACC at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Day against Louisville brought out the loudest crowd of the year and a resume booster for the Canes, as the team still has a chance to get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Washington, D.C. will be a tough test for the Canes as it looks to win the ACC tournament. Miami will likely receive a double bye into the quarterfinal round, as Louisville will not be competing.

The Canes have been flawless in neutral-site games after dominating the Puerto Rico tournament, where it beat currently-ranked Utah and Butler.

I would like to see if the Canes can surpass the accomplishments from the 2012-2013 season, when the team won both the regular season and ACC tournament and made it to the Sweet 16. This year’s team has the tools for a March Madness run and it will be Miami’s best chance yet.

Wyatt Geller

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...