Culture

Edge Briefs 2/25: Oscars Week, Roll Your Own Sushi, Dave Coulier

Oscars Week

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) will hold a variety of Oscar-related events as they co-host CAC’s Week of Film Appreciation with Hurricane Productions. Cosford Cinema will screen nominated films such as “The Danish Girl,” “Spotlight” and “The Revenant.” On Feb. 28, there will be a live-streaming of the Oscars beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Shalala Student Center ballrooms. Mocktails, snacks and desserts will be served. For screening times and more information, visit cosfordcinema.com.

Roll Your Own Sushi

If you love eating sushi, here’s your chance to learn how to make it. Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board will be hosting an event for anyone wishing to learn the art of rolling sushi. The 101 experience will be held at the Rat on Thursday from 5-7 p.m.

Dave Coulier

Mark your calendars for the visit of actor, stand-up comedian and impressionist Dave Coulier, known for his role as Uncle Joey in “Full House.” Coulier will be visiting the University of Miami on March 16 as part of his Cut it Out College Tour. Daytime Programming and CAC will be hosting Coulier at the Rat from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Emily Dabau

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex