Edge Briefs 2/25: Oscars Week, Roll Your Own Sushi, Dave Coulier

Oscars Week

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) will hold a variety of Oscar-related events as they co-host CAC’s Week of Film Appreciation with Hurricane Productions. Cosford Cinema will screen nominated films such as “The Danish Girl,” “Spotlight” and “The Revenant.” On Feb. 28, there will be a live-streaming of the Oscars beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Shalala Student Center ballrooms. Mocktails, snacks and desserts will be served. For screening times and more information, visit cosfordcinema.com.

Roll Your Own Sushi

If you love eating sushi, here’s your chance to learn how to make it. Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board will be hosting an event for anyone wishing to learn the art of rolling sushi. The 101 experience will be held at the Rat on Thursday from 5-7 p.m.

Dave Coulier

Mark your calendars for the visit of actor, stand-up comedian and impressionist Dave Coulier, known for his role as Uncle Joey in “Full House.” Coulier will be visiting the University of Miami on March 16 as part of his Cut it Out College Tour. Daytime Programming and CAC will be hosting Coulier at the Rat from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Emily Dabau

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...