Campus Life, National News, News

Lottery announced for on-campus Republican Primary Debate

Students will be able to enter a lottery to win tickets to the March 10th CNN Republican Primary Debate on campus, the University of Miami announced in an email sent to students on Thursday afternoon. The deadline to enter the lottery is Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 11:59 p.m.

Undergraduate, graduate, law and medicine students who are in good standing can enter their name by filling out their Cane ID, password and a form at miami.edu/studenttickets. The winners will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 25 according to the email. Winners must confirm they will attend by Sunday, Feb. 28. The email emphasizes that tickets are non-transferable, meaning lottery winners cannot sell or gift their tickets to someone else. If winners cannot attend, new names will be selected for the ticket from the entries.

The process is exclusively for students. Any questions about the process can be directed to the Department of Student Activities at 305-284-6399 or at student-activities@miami.edu.

Featured image courtesy flickr user Peter Stevens

William Riggin

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas