Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Center court view of Miami win over Pittsburgh

Pulling out victories can come in many different fashions, as the Miami Hurricanes were able to fend off the Pittsburgh Panthers in the closing seconds the game at the BankUnited Center, 65-63.

Pittsburgh, my hometown team led by veteran Head Coach Jamie Dixon, put up a tremendous fight on the court, never trailing by double digits. The game came down to who had the final possession, and it went to the Canes.

How the ball – after being juggled in the air and tipped around the rim after a missed three-pointer by redshirt senior Sheldon McClellan – got in the hoop with 1.4 seconds to go was not clear. It certainly appeared live that two Panthers tipped the ball in.

I got the opportunity to take in the action from center court, broadcasting the game for WVUM sports. Despite having one of the best seats in the house, I could not depict how the shot went in.

The game was something special for team captain Angel Rodriguez, someone who went through adversity to leave his home for a better life and opportunity.

He leaped behind two defenders and deflected the ball out of their reaching hands, knocking the ball home.

An interview on ESPNU capped off the Canes 19-4, 8-3 mark in the ACC as they beat Pitt by “A Touch of an Angel.”

Wyatt Geller

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...