Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Center court view of Miami win over Pittsburgh

Pulling out victories can come in many different fashions, as the Miami Hurricanes were able to fend off the Pittsburgh Panthers in the closing seconds the game at the BankUnited Center, 65-63.

Pittsburgh, my hometown team led by veteran Head Coach Jamie Dixon, put up a tremendous fight on the court, never trailing by double digits. The game came down to who had the final possession, and it went to the Canes.

How the ball – after being juggled in the air and tipped around the rim after a missed three-pointer by redshirt senior Sheldon McClellan – got in the hoop with 1.4 seconds to go was not clear. It certainly appeared live that two Panthers tipped the ball in.

I got the opportunity to take in the action from center court, broadcasting the game for WVUM sports. Despite having one of the best seats in the house, I could not depict how the shot went in.

The game was something special for team captain Angel Rodriguez, someone who went through adversity to leave his home for a better life and opportunity.

He leaped behind two defenders and deflected the ball out of their reaching hands, knocking the ball home.

An interview on ESPNU capped off the Canes 19-4, 8-3 mark in the ACC as they beat Pitt by “A Touch of an Angel.”

Wyatt Geller

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...