Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: International Week, Week of Cuban Culture

COISO International Week

A bill was passed approving funding for International Week, presented by the Council of International Students Organizations.

International Week runs through April 4-8. According to their website, “It is the culmination of diversity at the University of Miami campus, as this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and cultural organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time.”

FEC Week of Cuban Culture

Senate passed a bill funding the Federation de Estudiantes Cubanos “Week of Cuban Culture.”

This event will run from February 26 to March 3. FEC President Daniela Lorenzo said the week will feature Cuban food, Cuban coffee and cultural events.

Notes:

• FEC’s Anti-Valentine’s Day bake sale will be held tomorrow, February 11, on the Rock.
  • The Ms. UM application is due Friday at midnight and the Orientation Fellow application is due Monday at 5 p.m. Both can be found on the OrgSync webpage.

Jorge Chabo

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...