Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: International Week, Week of Cuban Culture

COISO International Week

A bill was passed approving funding for International Week, presented by the Council of International Students Organizations.

International Week runs through April 4-8. According to their website, “It is the culmination of diversity at the University of Miami campus, as this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and cultural organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time.”

FEC Week of Cuban Culture

Senate passed a bill funding the Federation de Estudiantes Cubanos “Week of Cuban Culture.”

This event will run from February 26 to March 3. FEC President Daniela Lorenzo said the week will feature Cuban food, Cuban coffee and cultural events.

Notes:

• FEC’s Anti-Valentine’s Day bake sale will be held tomorrow, February 11, on the Rock.
  • The Ms. UM application is due Friday at midnight and the Orientation Fellow application is due Monday at 5 p.m. Both can be found on the OrgSync webpage.

Jorge Chabo

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

Following a 4-1 victory over No. 13-seed Virginia Tech Thursday in its ACC Championship opener, the ...

The fifth-seeded Miami women's tennis team started ACC Championship competition with a 4-1 vict ...

The Hurricanes will battle fourth-seed NC State in the quarterfinals Friday at 9 a.m. ...

The Canes made a late charge, but fell short at No. 8 Louisville 7-5 ...

Because of expected inclement weather, Thursday's game time has been moved up one hour to 5 p.m ...