Edge Briefs 2/8: Anti-Valentine’s Day, UProv show, “For the Record” release party

Anti-Valentine’s Day

If you’re over the gushiness, join the Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday on the Rock for Anti-Valentine’s Day activities. The event will feature baked goods (made without love), heartbreaking henna, a chance to X your ex and pie-ing Cupid in the face.

UProv Show

As Feb. 14 approaches, join the University of Miami improv team, UProv, for some pre-Valentine’s Day laughs. The group will be performing a variety of comical sketches in the Shalala Student Center Activities Room South beginning at 8 p.m. on Thursday.

‘For the Record’ Release Party

‘Cane Records, one of the first student-run record labels at UM, will bring together a variety of musical talent Friday night at the Rat. From 6-8 p.m., listen to live music from this year’s artists at the “For the Record” release party while enjoying food and drinks.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...