Edge Briefs 2/8: Anti-Valentine’s Day, UProv show, “For the Record” release party

Anti-Valentine’s Day

If you’re over the gushiness, join the Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday on the Rock for Anti-Valentine’s Day activities. The event will feature baked goods (made without love), heartbreaking henna, a chance to X your ex and pie-ing Cupid in the face.

UProv Show

As Feb. 14 approaches, join the University of Miami improv team, UProv, for some pre-Valentine’s Day laughs. The group will be performing a variety of comical sketches in the Shalala Student Center Activities Room South beginning at 8 p.m. on Thursday.

‘For the Record’ Release Party

‘Cane Records, one of the first student-run record labels at UM, will bring together a variety of musical talent Friday night at the Rat. From 6-8 p.m., listen to live music from this year’s artists at the “For the Record” release party while enjoying food and drinks.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...