Culture

Edge Briefs 2/8: Anti-Valentine’s Day, UProv show, “For the Record” release party

Anti-Valentine’s Day

If you’re over the gushiness, join the Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday on the Rock for Anti-Valentine’s Day activities. The event will feature baked goods (made without love), heartbreaking henna, a chance to X your ex and pie-ing Cupid in the face.

UProv Show

As Feb. 14 approaches, join the University of Miami improv team, UProv, for some pre-Valentine’s Day laughs. The group will be performing a variety of comical sketches in the Shalala Student Center Activities Room South beginning at 8 p.m. on Thursday.

‘For the Record’ Release Party

‘Cane Records, one of the first student-run record labels at UM, will bring together a variety of musical talent Friday night at the Rat. From 6-8 p.m., listen to live music from this year’s artists at the “For the Record” release party while enjoying food and drinks.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

The Florida Law School's Consortium for Racial Justice will leverage the strengths of every law

In a letter on Wednesday, President Julio Frenk unveiled a 15-point plan to improve and build upon d

Two technology experts with the University of Miami explain the origins of “bots” and their role on

During Tuesday’s virtual events, members of the University of Miami leadership discussed the essenti

Groundbreaking scientific research and innovative discoveries from the University of Miami will be f