Culture

Edge Briefs 2/4: Patio Jams, ‘The Peanuts Movie,’ Painting, Pitchers

Patio Jams Presents: Electric Church

Catch a performance from Electric Church between classes Thursday during Patio Jams, starting at 12:15 p.m. This week, student band Electric Church will be taking over the Lakeside Patio Stage. There will also be snow cones and giveaways.

“The Peanuts Movie”

Get cozy with this classic favorite and follow Charlie Brown on an epic adventure with his best friend Snoopy. On Friday, the Cinematic Arts Commission will be screening “The Peanuts Movie” at 9:30 p.m. at the Cosford Cinema. The event is free for students with a Cane Card.

Painting and Pitchers

Head over to the Rat Friday to show off your artistic talent while painting your own masterpiece and enjoying a pitcher of beer (or your favorite beverage). The evening of painting will include two sessions, one at 5 p.m. and one at 7 p.m. The limit is 20 students per session and spots are first come, first served.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edge@themiamihurricane.com

Emily Dabau

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas