V's Take

Dear V: When Hairy met Sally

I’ve started seeing a new guy. Things are great between us so far. We’ve hooked up a few times and are really into each other. My friends have even started teasing us when we hang out by saying that we’re too goo-goo over one another to pay attention to what’s around us.

Thing is, I can tell something’s bothering him in the bedroom. He doesn’t seem to want to, er, “head south,” if you know what I mean, because I don’t shave. He hasn’t said it directly, but he has hinted at it a few times. At one point he even said he doesn’t like to “dig through the jungle.”

I understand not enjoying body hair, but I absolutely hate shaving. I feel like it makes me look too young. How do I convince my new guy that there’s no reason to be scared of a little hair?

Sincerely,

Much ado about Pubes

Dear Much ado about Pubes,

I hate to break it to you, but it’s not always about what you want in the bedroom.

I’m not saying a guy should ever tell you what to do with your own body; rather, that this is simply a matter of trimming the hedges, not going scorched earth on your nether-regions.

Don’t make a mountain out of a fuzzy molehill.

A little upkeep every now and then is a compromise for both of you. Just snip it down a bit, preventing the need to shave. Or, have a little fun with your locks. Shave the sides and shape it into a smiley-face, triangle, landing strip, you name it – even the shape of a V (hey, that’s me).

Heck, why not get festive and shape a heart down there just in time for Valentine’s Day?

It’s up to you – you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to. But don’t expect him to part the tangled sea if he’s not feelin’ it either. He also doesn’t have to do anything he’s not into.

While considering getting a new ‘do, don’t forget that it’s ridiculous if he expects you to be as bare as a baby’s bottom every time you link up. However, if he just asks for things to be tidy, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle for you to reach a compromise with him and break out the hedge trimmers.

While you’re at it, make sure he’s keeping things nice and orderly too. You wouldn’t want to miss the forest for the trees – that is to say, don’t get so wrapped up in maintaining your lady bits that you forget to make sure he’s mowing the lawn in a way that you like, too.

-V

Advice Columnist

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...