Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 1/21

Shakima Wimbley was named the ACC Women’s Track Performer of the Week on Tuesday after the junior won both of her events in the Nittany Lion Challenge held at Penn State over the weekend. Wimbley won the 200m race with a time of 23.33 seconds, just one-hundredth of a second shy of the meet record. Wimbley was also part of Miami’s women’s 4x400m relay team that finished first with a time of 3:42.11.

The University of Miami is hosting its second annual Celebration of Women’s Athletics on Jan. 24. The event will begin President Julio Frenk’s inauguration week. The celebration will include a brunch followed by the women’s basketball team taking on rival Florida State at the BankUnited Center at 1 p.m. The event was created to honor the legacy of female athletes at UM. Female student athletes who have excelled both on and off the court will be honored during the lunch.

Mark Singer

Tej Joshi

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol