Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 1/21

Shakima Wimbley was named the ACC Women’s Track Performer of the Week on Tuesday after the junior won both of her events in the Nittany Lion Challenge held at Penn State over the weekend. Wimbley won the 200m race with a time of 23.33 seconds, just one-hundredth of a second shy of the meet record. Wimbley was also part of Miami’s women’s 4x400m relay team that finished first with a time of 3:42.11.

The University of Miami is hosting its second annual Celebration of Women’s Athletics on Jan. 24. The event will begin President Julio Frenk’s inauguration week. The celebration will include a brunch followed by the women’s basketball team taking on rival Florida State at the BankUnited Center at 1 p.m. The event was created to honor the legacy of female athletes at UM. Female student athletes who have excelled both on and off the court will be honored during the lunch.

Mark Singer

Tej Joshi

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...