Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 1/21

Shakima Wimbley was named the ACC Women’s Track Performer of the Week on Tuesday after the junior won both of her events in the Nittany Lion Challenge held at Penn State over the weekend. Wimbley won the 200m race with a time of 23.33 seconds, just one-hundredth of a second shy of the meet record. Wimbley was also part of Miami’s women’s 4x400m relay team that finished first with a time of 3:42.11.

The University of Miami is hosting its second annual Celebration of Women’s Athletics on Jan. 24. The event will begin President Julio Frenk’s inauguration week. The celebration will include a brunch followed by the women’s basketball team taking on rival Florida State at the BankUnited Center at 1 p.m. The event was created to honor the legacy of female athletes at UM. Female student athletes who have excelled both on and off the court will be honored during the lunch.

Mark Singer

Tej Joshi

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...