Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola

UM Dining Services has partnered with Coca-Cola for new drink

Student Government President Brianna Hathaway announced UM’s new partnership with Coca-Cola to create a flavored drink specifically for the University of Miami. The soda is a mix of Vanilla Sprite and Orange Fanta and is expected to be available at the customizable flavor soda stations on campus, like the one at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in the University Center.

Students will have a chance to give the new drink a name. To submit a name, text your C-number and your original name for the flavor to the SG hotline at 786-708-9969. The submission entry is open until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Three potential finalists will be chosen from the names submitted based on “creativity, consumer appeal and straightforwardness of the name” according to an SG Facebook event page for the competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and the other two finalists will each be awarded $100.

Notes

• Dining hall hours have been extended to 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.

• There will be a screening of Selma Thursday night at 7 p.m. as a part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week.

• The Wellness Center will be holding a Battleship tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. at the indoor pool.

• All faculty, staff and students will be informed of the ban on hoverboards in all facilities across campus. They are not allowed to be in a facility under any circumstance, even if it includes carrying it inside after riding it. The ban goes into effect on Monday, Jan. 25.

Jorge Chabo

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...