Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola

UM Dining Services has partnered with Coca-Cola for new drink

Student Government President Brianna Hathaway announced UM’s new partnership with Coca-Cola to create a flavored drink specifically for the University of Miami. The soda is a mix of Vanilla Sprite and Orange Fanta and is expected to be available at the customizable flavor soda stations on campus, like the one at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in the University Center.

Students will have a chance to give the new drink a name. To submit a name, text your C-number and your original name for the flavor to the SG hotline at 786-708-9969. The submission entry is open until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Three potential finalists will be chosen from the names submitted based on “creativity, consumer appeal and straightforwardness of the name” according to an SG Facebook event page for the competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and the other two finalists will each be awarded $100.

Notes

• Dining hall hours have been extended to 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.

• There will be a screening of Selma Thursday night at 7 p.m. as a part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week.

• The Wellness Center will be holding a Battleship tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. at the indoor pool.

• All faculty, staff and students will be informed of the ban on hoverboards in all facilities across campus. They are not allowed to be in a facility under any circumstance, even if it includes carrying it inside after riding it. The ban goes into effect on Monday, Jan. 25.

Jorge Chabo

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...