Campus Life, Crime and Safety, News, Uncategorized

Senior dies after jumping from stairwell at School of Communication

Aime

Aime

A University of Miami senior died overnight after trying to jump between two ledges at the School of Communication.

Estefano Aime, a graduate of Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto Bay, was an Entrepreneurship major in the School of Business who worked at the Rathskeller restaurant on campus and was a member of the Kiteboarding Club, according to tweets from UM President Julio Frenk. Frenk also tweeted that Aime was on the Dean’s List and had previously studied abroad in Rome.

“The entire University of Miami community is in mourning following an apparent accident on the Coral Gables campus, after which a student passed away. Miamian Estefano Aime was a senior in the School of Business majoring in Entrepreneurship, who worked on campus at the Rathskeller. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends,” the school said in a statement.

Aime was dropped off on campus by a shuttle around midnight after a university event in Brickell and went to the fifth floor of the School of Communication building, where he tried to jump from one side of a stairwell to the other and fell, according to Miami-Dade police.

William Riggin

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas