Campus Life, Crime and Safety, News, Uncategorized

Senior dies after jumping from stairwell at School of Communication

Aime

Aime

A University of Miami senior died overnight after trying to jump between two ledges at the School of Communication.

Estefano Aime, a graduate of Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto Bay, was an Entrepreneurship major in the School of Business who worked at the Rathskeller restaurant on campus and was a member of the Kiteboarding Club, according to tweets from UM President Julio Frenk. Frenk also tweeted that Aime was on the Dean’s List and had previously studied abroad in Rome.

“The entire University of Miami community is in mourning following an apparent accident on the Coral Gables campus, after which a student passed away. Miamian Estefano Aime was a senior in the School of Business majoring in Entrepreneurship, who worked on campus at the Rathskeller. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends,” the school said in a statement.

Aime was dropped off on campus by a shuttle around midnight after a university event in Brickell and went to the fifth floor of the School of Communication building, where he tried to jump from one side of a stairwell to the other and fell, according to Miami-Dade police.

William Riggin

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...

The Hurricanes opened their five-game homestand on Saturday with a big win over Bethune-Cookman and, ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was named ACC Rookie of the Week a ...

Adria Soriano Barrera checks in at No. 21, Bojan Jankulovski ranks No. 51 and Francisco Bastias rise ...