Blogs, UBuzz

Twitter reacts to UM hiring Mark Richt as Miami Hurricanes head coach

Former UGA Head Coach and Hurricane Mark Richt will return to Miami to be the Hurricanes next head coach, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInSight.com and other news outlets.

See More: Mark Richt will be next head coach of Miami Hurricanes

Twitter was ablaze with tweets reacting to the hire. Look below to find thoughts from current players, former players and recruits.

Current Players

Defensive back Sheldrick Redwine:

Running back Gus Edwards:

Wide receiver Malcolm Lewis:

Defensive line Demetrius Jackson:

Running back Trayone Gray:

Former Players

Ereck Flowers:

Anthony Chickillo:

Matt Goudis:

Seantrel Henderson

Recruits

Shaquille Quarterman
Position: Inside Linebacker
Ranking: 0.9360
High School: Oakleaf

Binjimen Victor
Position: Wide Receiver
Ranking: 0.9613
High School: Coconut Creek

Jawon Hamilton
Position: Running Back
Ranking: 0.7919
High School: South Dade

Photo courtesy Flickr user FLC.

Sherman Hewitt

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...