Comedian Brian Regan to perform at Adrienne Arsht Center

brian_regan_comedian

Regan

A respected performer in America, Miami-born comedian Brian Regan has even been dubbed “a comedian’s comedian.” He’s parading the country on a nationwide live comedy tour with planned performances at 50 different locations in 27 states, and one of his stops is in Miami at the Adrienne Arsht Center on Dec. 11.

“I’m really looking forward to the show,” Regan said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in Miami. I grew up there, so it’s a very special feeling to perform there.”

The upcoming show, Regan promises, will be chock-full of new material.

“I’ve always liked that idea of out with the old and in with the new,” he said.

It was a similar philosophy that first led Regan to pursuing comedy. “I was in college, thinking I was going to be an accountant … and that was boring the heck out of me,” he said. “I switched major to communication and theater arts, and one of my first classes was a speech class, and I used to try to make my speeches funny. It started getting into my bones. I was like, ‘Wow, I enjoy this. I enjoy making other people laugh.’ And so I hit on this quest to become a stand-up comedian.”

As for fulfillment, his career gives him plenty of it. “People don’t fake laugh. So when you get a room full of people laughing you know that’s an honest connection,” he said. “It’s a very fulfilling experience to feel that you’re connecting with other human beings, so I enjoy that. And when it’s all said and done, I get some drink tickets, 50 cents off for a beer after a show!”

Tickets for Brian Regan’s Dec.11 show at the Adrienne Arsht Center are available now at www.arshtcenter.org.

David Ufberg

The Miami Hurricanes have had almost a week to regroup after a road loss at Boston College, and they ...

Sam Brooks stood on the field at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium, tears welling up in his eyes, and ...

The Miami Hurricanes had just stunned second-ranked Louisville on the road last Sunday, in front of ...

Willie Moise was willing to give the Miami Hurricanes the benefit of the doubt when Manny Diaz left ...

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

Without their foresight and love of homeland, the collection—the largest repository of Cuban documen ...

In the wake of Justice Thomas’s jaw-dropping statement, UM media law experts weigh in on the landmar ...

Which film will win Best Picture? Who will be Best Actor? We asked the experts. ...

Political unrest has swept through Haiti recently, spurred on by escalating prices and alleged polit ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Michael Amditis hit his first career home run to lead the Canes past the Gators. ...

Three Miami track and field athletes made their way to the podium on Day 2 of the ACC Indoor Champio ...

In Friday's ACC opener, the No. 35 University of Miami men's tennis team topped Georgia Te ...

Game time is 2 p.m. in Coral Gables. ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set for its second in-state, top-25 showdown of the ...