Comedian Brian Regan to perform at Adrienne Arsht Center

brian_regan_comedian

Regan

A respected performer in America, Miami-born comedian Brian Regan has even been dubbed “a comedian’s comedian.” He’s parading the country on a nationwide live comedy tour with planned performances at 50 different locations in 27 states, and one of his stops is in Miami at the Adrienne Arsht Center on Dec. 11.

“I’m really looking forward to the show,” Regan said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in Miami. I grew up there, so it’s a very special feeling to perform there.”

The upcoming show, Regan promises, will be chock-full of new material.

“I’ve always liked that idea of out with the old and in with the new,” he said.

It was a similar philosophy that first led Regan to pursuing comedy. “I was in college, thinking I was going to be an accountant … and that was boring the heck out of me,” he said. “I switched major to communication and theater arts, and one of my first classes was a speech class, and I used to try to make my speeches funny. It started getting into my bones. I was like, ‘Wow, I enjoy this. I enjoy making other people laugh.’ And so I hit on this quest to become a stand-up comedian.”

As for fulfillment, his career gives him plenty of it. “People don’t fake laugh. So when you get a room full of people laughing you know that’s an honest connection,” he said. “It’s a very fulfilling experience to feel that you’re connecting with other human beings, so I enjoy that. And when it’s all said and done, I get some drink tickets, 50 cents off for a beer after a show!”

Tickets for Brian Regan’s Dec.11 show at the Adrienne Arsht Center are available now at www.arshtcenter.org.

David Ufberg

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...