Comedian Brian Regan to perform at Adrienne Arsht Center

brian_regan_comedian

Regan

A respected performer in America, Miami-born comedian Brian Regan has even been dubbed “a comedian’s comedian.” He’s parading the country on a nationwide live comedy tour with planned performances at 50 different locations in 27 states, and one of his stops is in Miami at the Adrienne Arsht Center on Dec. 11.

“I’m really looking forward to the show,” Regan said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in Miami. I grew up there, so it’s a very special feeling to perform there.”

The upcoming show, Regan promises, will be chock-full of new material.

“I’ve always liked that idea of out with the old and in with the new,” he said.

It was a similar philosophy that first led Regan to pursuing comedy. “I was in college, thinking I was going to be an accountant … and that was boring the heck out of me,” he said. “I switched major to communication and theater arts, and one of my first classes was a speech class, and I used to try to make my speeches funny. It started getting into my bones. I was like, ‘Wow, I enjoy this. I enjoy making other people laugh.’ And so I hit on this quest to become a stand-up comedian.”

As for fulfillment, his career gives him plenty of it. “People don’t fake laugh. So when you get a room full of people laughing you know that’s an honest connection,” he said. “It’s a very fulfilling experience to feel that you’re connecting with other human beings, so I enjoy that. And when it’s all said and done, I get some drink tickets, 50 cents off for a beer after a show!”

Tickets for Brian Regan’s Dec.11 show at the Adrienne Arsht Center are available now at www.arshtcenter.org.

David Ufberg

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...