Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Golden State Warriors dominating, need more challenges

The Golden State Warriors have dominated the NBA season with a perfect 12-0 record.

The team burst onto the scene last season with a record 67-15 in the regular season, including a mind-boggling 39-2 at home at the Oracle Arena.

After capping off the season with an NBA title win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, many people speculated that the Warriors had an easy road to the final by avoiding the San Antonio Spurs and the Oklahoma City Thunder, in addition to the Warriors’ opponents not having a full healthy lineup.

The real question was whether the Warriors truly were as good as they seemed, or did the team just have one lucky season?

After 12 games this season, I can tell you that not only are the Warriors still the best team in the whole league – the team’s absolutely dominating most opponents so far.

Led by reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry, the Warriors have amassed 100 points in every game thus far. Although the team struggled against the Brooklyn Nets and had to win in overtime, the Warriors have been solid the first month of the season.

This year, Curry is on another level, averaging 33.4 ppg and 5.2 three-pointers per game. It’s unheard of to average that many threes in a game.

The key reason for all the scoring by Curry and the rest of the team is the incapability of other teams to play aggressive defense early in the season. Come playoff time, the Warriors will be challenged more and need to depend on more than just three-pointers.

The most wins in a season of all-time came from the Chicago Bulls in 1996 with a record of 72-10. Although it is too early to tell whether that record will be broken this year, the Warriors have a good chance to do so.

Wyatt Geller

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ If N’Kosi Perry starts against North Carolina — as ma ...

Want a hot topic at the University of Miami? Quarterbacks. Want a hot unit? Defense. While Hurricane ...

The quarterback topic never gets old at the University of Miami, especially this week, when Hurrican ...

Mark Richt did what many of us expected Tuesday morning at the University of Miami’s Greentree Field ...

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

Extremely involved and passionate about UM, she served as a trustee for 21 years, beginning in 1997. ...

The University of Miami’s emergency management team is working to create a disaster resilient Univer ...

University of Miami Police and the Department of Parking and Transportation provide various services ...

The number of students applying for Study Abroad has increased dramatically, with Europe being the m ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

The Canes have not named a starting quarterback for Thursday's game vs. UNC, but they know they ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

View some of the top images from Estela Perez-Somarriba's Oracle ITA Masters title match victor ...

Lucia Marzal Martinez of the Miami women's tennis team competed as an amateur Tuesday in the Hi ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...