Basketball, Sports

Kamari Murphy suspended for three games

Redshirt junior forward Kamari Murphy was suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules, the school announced Friday.

Murphy will return to the court for the Hurricanes’ second-round game of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off on Friday, Nov. 20. Murphy will miss the team’s games against UT Rio Grande Valley, Louisiana and Mississippi State.

The Brooklyn native sat out last season after transferring to Miami from Oklahoma State due to NCAA transfer rules. Murphy received rave reviews from numerous players on the team during the preseason. Noted for his defense, Murphy led the Cowboys in his sophomore year in total rebounds (199) as well as blocks (40).

The Canes face UT Rio Grande Valley in the season opener at 7 p.m. Friday in the BankUnited Center.

Mark Singer

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas