Defensive tackle Michael Wyche arrested

FPBHQHXZJFDFVZK.20150608203636
Wyche

Hurricanes senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche was arrested early Wednesday morning on misdemeanor domestic battery charges. If convicted, Wyche’s charges carry a maximum of one year in jail, according to the Florida Legislature.

He was taken in by police at 4:50 a.m. and kept at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center until Wednesday afternoon before being released on a $1,500 bond, according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.

“The University of Miami Department of Athletics is aware of the situation involving senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche. He has been suspended indefinitely and the department has no further comment at this time,” the university said in a statement.

The details from the arrest remain uncertain. Wyche will have his hearing Nov. 18, according to Matt Porter.

Wyche has appeared in only four games this season and has failed to record a statistic in any of the four outings.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 345 pounds, Wyche has generally been considered a disappointment in his time with the Hurricanes. Before coming to the Canes, Wyche played two seasons at East Los Angeles College, a junior college. He came to Miami as a three-star recruit and was expected to be a productive contributor to the defensive line rotation, but instead has recorded a mere nine tackles in his two seasons with the Canes.

Featured Image Courtesy hurricanesports.com