Football, Sports

Defensive tackle Michael Wyche arrested

FPBHQHXZJFDFVZK.20150608203636

Wyche

Hurricanes senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche was arrested early Wednesday morning on misdemeanor domestic battery charges. If convicted, Wyche’s charges carry a maximum of one year in jail, according to the Florida Legislature.

He was taken in by police at 4:50 a.m. and kept at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center until Wednesday afternoon before being released on a $1,500 bond, according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.

“The University of Miami Department of Athletics is aware of the situation involving senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche. He has been suspended indefinitely and the department has no further comment at this time,” the university said in a statement.

The details from the arrest remain uncertain. Wyche will have his hearing Nov. 18, according to Matt Porter.

Wyche has appeared in only four games this season and has failed to record a statistic in any of the four outings.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 345 pounds, Wyche has generally been considered a disappointment in his time with the Hurricanes. Before coming to the Canes, Wyche played two seasons at East Los Angeles College, a junior college. He came to Miami as a three-star recruit and was expected to be a productive contributor to the defensive line rotation, but instead has recorded a mere nine tackles in his two seasons with the Canes.

Featured Image Courtesy hurricanesports.com 

Tej Joshi

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Behavioral scientists establish a new mental health research center at the University of Miami to ha ...

For the second time in three years, Estela Perez-Somarriba of the University of Miami women's t ...

For the second-straight season, Kevin Arreaga of the Miami track and field team secured a spot at na ...

With the seven-run victory, Miami won its ACC Championship opener for the fifth consecutive season. ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...