Football, Sports

Defensive tackle Michael Wyche arrested

FPBHQHXZJFDFVZK.20150608203636

Wyche

Hurricanes senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche was arrested early Wednesday morning on misdemeanor domestic battery charges. If convicted, Wyche’s charges carry a maximum of one year in jail, according to the Florida Legislature.

He was taken in by police at 4:50 a.m. and kept at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center until Wednesday afternoon before being released on a $1,500 bond, according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.

“The University of Miami Department of Athletics is aware of the situation involving senior defensive tackle Michael Wyche. He has been suspended indefinitely and the department has no further comment at this time,” the university said in a statement.

The details from the arrest remain uncertain. Wyche will have his hearing Nov. 18, according to Matt Porter.

Wyche has appeared in only four games this season and has failed to record a statistic in any of the four outings.

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 345 pounds, Wyche has generally been considered a disappointment in his time with the Hurricanes. Before coming to the Canes, Wyche played two seasons at East Los Angeles College, a junior college. He came to Miami as a three-star recruit and was expected to be a productive contributor to the defensive line rotation, but instead has recorded a mere nine tackles in his two seasons with the Canes.

Featured Image Courtesy hurricanesports.com 

Tej Joshi

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Hurricanes take center stage Saturday as the nation begins celebrating college football's 1 ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Freshman midfielder Ine Østmo joined the Hurricanes in January as an early enrolee from Mandal, Norw ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...