UBuzz

Recruits, former Hurricane players react to Al Golden’s firing

Director of Athletics Blake James announced Sunday evening he has relieved Head Football Coach Al Golden of his duties effective immediately.

Recruits took to Twitter to post their reactions. Below, you’ll find a sample of the tweets.

Ahman Ross
Position: Safety
Jacksonville, FL (The Bolles School)
3 stars, 0.8567 rating

Tyler Byrd
Position: Wide Receiver, Cornerback
Naples, FL (Naples)
4 stars, 0.8965 rating

Cedrick Wright
Position: Safety
Miami, FL (Gulliver Prep)
3 stars, 0.8616 rating

Michael Irvin Jr.
Position: Tight End
Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas Aquinas)
3 stars, 0.8600 rating

Tyler Dunning
Position: Inside Linebacker
4 stars, 0.9109 rating

Ahmmon Richards
Position: Wide Receiver
West Palm Beach, FL (Wellington)
4 stars, 0.9180 rating

Former Canes also voiced their reactions to Golden’s ejection.

Sherman Hewitt

William Riggin

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...