News, Uncategorized

News Briefs 10/26: USpeak, Voter Registration, First Aid Certification, PBS President to Speak

USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series

Becka Mara McKay will perform at the next USpeak Flash Fiction & Poetry Performance Series on Monday at Books & Books in Coral Gables at 7 p.m. McKay directs the Master of Fine Arts Program in Creative Writing at Florida Atlantic University and has written a poetry book as well as several translations of Hebrew literature. Books & Books is located at 265 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Voter Registration 

The university is hosting a voter registration drive at the Lakeside Patio Stage on Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Anyone looking to register must bring valid state-issued photo identification.

First Aid Certification

For $35, students can sign up to take the Red Cross First Aid certification course at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.

PBS President to speak

Paula Kerger, president and CEO of PBS, will be giving a talk about public media at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 2 in Shoma Hall (room 3053) as part of the School of Communication’s Annual Conversation Series. Professor Paul Driscoll will moderate a Q&A session between Kerger and students.

William Riggin

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas