Campus Life, News

Student organizations rumble on Foote Green

The Foote Green in front of Richter Library was filled with active bodies Wednesday as a number of student organizations participated in the annual “Rumble on the Green.”

The field day event took place at the heart of student org week, a week packed with events for on-campus organizations to celebrate being student groups.

Many students fell short of breath as they took part in games like tug of war and flag football, among others.

“It brings us back to our elementary years,” said Marian Li, the chairman of the Committee on Student Organizations, the committee responsible for coordinating the Rumble on the Green field day. “There’s four orgs here today but everyone’s super pumped.”

Monday night the student organizations attended a kickoff party to advertise the events of the week. Thursday night The Rat will be hosting a “Battle of the Orgs” karaoke night, and Friday night there will be a student organization mixer where members of various student organizations’ executive boards can meet and get to know other student leaders.

“We’re having a lot of fun with it,” said Alyssa Rosenfeld, a student member of Hurricane Productions. “It’s a great way to meet students from other clubs… I couldn’t ask for much more.”

The organization that performs the best throughout the week will win $150 for their organization’s budget, according to Li.

David Ufberg

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...