Football, Sports

Stacy Coley named ACC Offensive Receiver of the Week

Junior receiver Stacy Coley was named ACC Offensive Receiver of the Week on Monday afternoon after having the best game of his career in Miami’s 29-24 loss to Florida State Saturday night.

Coley led the Hurricanes with seven catches for 139 yards, both career highs, and one touchdown. It was his first time surpassing 100 receiving yards as a Hurricane. The Pompano Beach, Florida native put the Canes ahead 24-23 with 10:02 remaining in the fourth quarter on a leaping 29-yard touchdown grab. Coley landed hard and had to leave the game with a hip injury, but Head Coach Al Golden said on Sunday night that it should not be a long-term issue.

Coley finally looked healthy Saturday night after injuring his hamstring in the first quarter of Miami’s season opener against Bethune-Cookman. The six-foot-one, 187-pound receiver missed the Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati games and did not see much action against Nebraska.

The man responsible for getting the ball to Coley, sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya, also received some good news on Monday. The West Hills, California native was among the 32 players on the 2015 Midseason Watch List for the College Football Performance Awards National Performer of the Year Trophy. The list includes 23 quarterbacks and nine running backs.

Kaaya had a strong performance against the Seminoles, throwing for career highs in completions (29), attempts (49) and yards (405) along with three touchdowns and no interceptions. The six-foot-four, 210-pound quarterback leads the ACC in total offense per game (292.4), passing yards (1,499) and passing yards per game (299.8).

The Hurricanes next face Virginia Tech at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at Sun Life Stadium.

Mark Singer

University of Miami experts discuss the potential mental health impacts in the Bahamas following Hur ...

The Fall Lecture series explores topics on accelerated resolution therapy treatments, pain managemen ...

As the Bahamas urges tourists to visit its islands unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, University of Mia ...

Katya Saunders, president of the Bahamian Students Association, is leading a relief effort to help h ...

The uniqueness of the University of Miami—as a place to live, learn, share knowledge, and innovate—s ...

Jimmy Murphy insists his life hasn't changed (much) after his internet-breaking touchdown and c ...

Hurricanes standouts Mykea Gray and Beatrice Mompremier have the opportunity of a lifetime this week ...

Miami Athletics announced Wednesday the completion of the new Boich Family Scoreboard at the Neil Sc ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba, the reigning NCAA singles champion, opens the 2019-20 season ranked second i ...

This weekend, Canes men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric became a U.S. Citizen – and reflected on th ...