Football, Sports

Stacy Coley named ACC Offensive Receiver of the Week

Junior receiver Stacy Coley was named ACC Offensive Receiver of the Week on Monday afternoon after having the best game of his career in Miami’s 29-24 loss to Florida State Saturday night.

Coley led the Hurricanes with seven catches for 139 yards, both career highs, and one touchdown. It was his first time surpassing 100 receiving yards as a Hurricane. The Pompano Beach, Florida native put the Canes ahead 24-23 with 10:02 remaining in the fourth quarter on a leaping 29-yard touchdown grab. Coley landed hard and had to leave the game with a hip injury, but Head Coach Al Golden said on Sunday night that it should not be a long-term issue.

Coley finally looked healthy Saturday night after injuring his hamstring in the first quarter of Miami’s season opener against Bethune-Cookman. The six-foot-one, 187-pound receiver missed the Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati games and did not see much action against Nebraska.

The man responsible for getting the ball to Coley, sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya, also received some good news on Monday. The West Hills, California native was among the 32 players on the 2015 Midseason Watch List for the College Football Performance Awards National Performer of the Year Trophy. The list includes 23 quarterbacks and nine running backs.

Kaaya had a strong performance against the Seminoles, throwing for career highs in completions (29), attempts (49) and yards (405) along with three touchdowns and no interceptions. The six-foot-four, 210-pound quarterback leads the ACC in total offense per game (292.4), passing yards (1,499) and passing yards per game (299.8).

The Hurricanes next face Virginia Tech at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at Sun Life Stadium.

Mark Singer

The Miami Hurricanes may have found their future quarterback. Tate Martell, a former four-star recru ...

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...