Upcoming TV shows for fall 2015

Fall brings new courses, schedules and television lineups. Here is the essential guide to all that television can offer when you are looking for a break from midterms and homework.

The Grinder

Rob Lowe – best known as Chris Traeger from “Parks and Recreation” – returns to television in this comedy about an actor from a legal drama who decides to become an actual lawyer. Lowe brings his usual charisma and wit to the new show, backed by Fred Savage who plays his brother, an actual lawyer. The tension between a know-it-all actor-lawyer and his real deal brother puts a twist on the legal genre of television. “The Grinder” airs Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. on Fox.

The Muppets

When Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy split this summer, everyone was shocked. Now, fans of the Muppets can find out how and why in their new television show. Filmed like a reality show or documentary, the show follows the Muppets and has side interviews with the characters, akin to “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation.” Guest stars like Elizabeth Banks and Imagine Dragons also appear alongside the reimagined Muppets. Despite their kid-friendly roots, the Muppets are now more adult in humor and themes. To check out their new show, tune in Tuesdays at 8. p.m. on ABC.

Scream Queens

This new series takes classic horror cliches and kills them. “Scream Queens” is a mix of comedy and horror that blends together to make a television show that anyone can easily sink his or her teeth into. Set in a grandiose sorority that now has to allow anyone – no matter the income level – to rush, “Scream Queens” follows the Kappa Sisters as a murderer starts killing random people on campus. Stars include Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, Lea Michele and Keke Palmer. Expect to laugh and cringe while watching Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.

How To Get Away with Murder

Earlier this month, this show made history when Viola Davis – the actress who portrays Professor Annalise Keating – became the first African American woman to win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. “How to Get Away with Murder” follows Professor Keating as she teaches a class with the titular name. She selects five interns to work for her law firm and together they skate the lines of laws and morality. The first season of this intense drama series is already on Netflix, and the show airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on ABC.

Once Upon a Time

It’s never too late to start believing in fairytales again. The more-established “Once Upon a Time” is entering its fifth season, but it will keep things fresh for the fans. This season, the show will focus on Camelot, so expect to see King Arthur and Guinevere. Merida also made an appearance in the season premiere. Anyone who wants to catch up can find all four previous seasons on Netflix. “Once Upon a Time” airs on Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Featured image courtesy Flickr user Ross Hawkes

Esther Ponce De Leon

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...