Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: October belongs to Major League Baseball

October is a busy month of sports: the NBA and NHL seasons kickoff, and the NFL and College Football season keeps rushing forward. What is most important to watch, however, is the MLB postseason where high drama always occurs.

The first few days of October wrap up the MLB season, and it is usually the final three game series for each team. Here is what we know so far and my predictions for the rest of the way.

National League Playoffs

What we know right now: New York Mets face the LA Dodgers in the National League Divisional Series.

My Predictions throughout the Postseason: The St. Louis Cardinals will clinch the NL Central.

Wildcard game: Cubs at Pirates. This matchup will be a pitchers duel between Gerrit Cole and Jake Arrieta, and I have the Pirates winning 2-1.

National League Divisional Series

Mets in four games over the Dodgers.

Pirates in five games over the Cardinals.

National League Championship Series

Pirates in seven games over the Mets.

American League Playoffs

What we know now: Toronto Blue Jays have clinched the AL East, Kansas City Royals have clinched the AL Central.

Yankees have clinched home field advantage in wildcard game.

My Predictions throughout the postseason, wildcard game: Houston Astros at New York Yankees. The Yankees will win easily at home 7-1.

American League Divisional Series

Blue Jays vs Yankees. Yankees in five games.

Royals vs. Rangers. Royals in four games.

American League Championship Series

Royals vs. Yankees. Royals in six games over the Yankees.

World Series

Pirates vs. Royals. This matchup will comprise two teams who have had little World Series experience within the past 30 years. The Royals just came off a year where they took the San Francisco Giants to seven games in the World Series before falling – their first World Series appearance since 1985.

The Pirates, on the other hand, last went to the World Series in 1979 when they defeated the Baltimore Orioles. It will be an exciting series to watch and I have my hometown team the Pirates winning in six games. Agree or disagree, it is the year of the Buccos to bring one home.

October belongs to baseball!

For more from Wyatt Geller, visit his personal website.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user Unsplash.

Wyatt Geller

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine students hung 3,000 posters in Wynwood last weekend to ...

Life on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas is striving to get back to normal, but the scars of Hurric ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...