Edge, Music

Nick Jonas performs new, old tunes, covers well-known hits at Fillmore

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

Photo Courtesy of Randall Slavin​

At The Fillmore Miami Beach on Sunday night, Nick Jonas took fans through a roller coaster of emotions with a concert that combined his latest hits with fan favorites from the past.

Jonas kicked off the night with “Chains,” grabbing the audience’s attention immediately in the packed venue that still felt surprisingly intimate. Along with the expected playlist of his popular songs “Numb,” “Levels” and “Jealous,” he brought back some older crowd-pleasing hits.

Performing “Who I Am” and “Rose Garden” from his first solo album, “Nick Jonas & the Administration,” brought out many emotions in the audience members in attendance who reminisced on his past singles. Despite this, his even older song, “A Little Bit Longer” from the 2008 Jonas Brothers album, is what moved some fans to tears.

In addition to his original songs, Jonas also covered hits like Outkast’s “Roses,” The Weeknd’s “Can’t Feel My Face” and Silento’s “Watch Me” that had the audience singing along just as loudly as to his originals and dancing along to his moves.

Jonas’s next stop on tour with opening act Bebe Rexha is Sept. 29 in Maryland.

Emily Dabau

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

A recent presentation at the University’s Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas explored the ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.