Culture, Gallery, Music, Photo

Gallery: Bringing ‘Sweater Weather’ to Miami

Jesse Rutherford, lead singer of The Neighbourhood, speaks to the crowd at The Fillmore Miami Beach Tuesday evening. Fans screamed in adoration and reached out to touch band members’ hands. For their Miami stop on #THEFLOOD2015 Tour, the band was joined by opening acts Hunny and Bad Suns. Despite the rainy weather, The Neighbourhood brought their sultry, California-vibe to their performance. Best known for their hit “Sweater Weather,” the Neighbourhood’s new LP “Wiped Out!” will be released Oct. 30.

Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Kawan Amelung // Contributing Photographer

Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...