Football, Sports

Brad Kaaya named ACC Offensive Back of the Week

Sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya was named ACC Offensive Back of the Week for his dominant performance against Nebraska at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday.

Kaaya threw for a career-high 379 yards and two touchdowns on 25-of-42 passing in Miami’s 36-33 overtime win against Nebraska.

This is the second ACC Player of the Week honor for the second-year quarterback out of California.

Kaaya has thrown for a touchdown in all 16 games of his career as a Hurricane.

The Canes face Cincinnati after a bye week on Oct. 1 in Ohio.

Mark Singer

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...