Football, Sports

Brad Kaaya named ACC Offensive Back of the Week

Sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya was named ACC Offensive Back of the Week for his dominant performance against Nebraska at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday.

Kaaya threw for a career-high 379 yards and two touchdowns on 25-of-42 passing in Miami’s 36-33 overtime win against Nebraska.

This is the second ACC Player of the Week honor for the second-year quarterback out of California.

Kaaya has thrown for a touchdown in all 16 games of his career as a Hurricane.

The Canes face Cincinnati after a bye week on Oct. 1 in Ohio.

Mark Singer

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...