Culture

Edge Briefs 9/21: Cosford Screening, “Tennessee’s Treasures,” For the Love of Art

Cosford Screening

Catch a free screening of this summer’s hit, “Inside Out,” at the Cosford Cinema at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday. The film follows the emotions living in the headquarters of character Riley’s mind as she adjusts to a new city, home and school.

“Tennessee’s Treasures”

In celebration of the theatrical works of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tennessee Williams, the Ring Theatre is performing a short collection of Williams’s plays. Opening night for “Tennessee’s Treasures” is Wednesday at 8 p.m. For tickets, visit as.miami.edu/ringtheatre/.

For the Love of Art

This Friday, Canes Night Live presents a Canes After Dark event inspired by Wynwood, featuring a night of art activities, free tanks and food. Starting at 8 p.m., the Shalala Student Center will be taken over by living statues, aerial artists, spray can artists and more.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol