Culture

Edge Briefs 9/21: Cosford Screening, “Tennessee’s Treasures,” For the Love of Art

Cosford Screening

Catch a free screening of this summer’s hit, “Inside Out,” at the Cosford Cinema at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday. The film follows the emotions living in the headquarters of character Riley’s mind as she adjusts to a new city, home and school.

“Tennessee’s Treasures”

In celebration of the theatrical works of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tennessee Williams, the Ring Theatre is performing a short collection of Williams’s plays. Opening night for “Tennessee’s Treasures” is Wednesday at 8 p.m. For tickets, visit as.miami.edu/ringtheatre/.

For the Love of Art

This Friday, Canes Night Live presents a Canes After Dark event inspired by Wynwood, featuring a night of art activities, free tanks and food. Starting at 8 p.m., the Shalala Student Center will be taken over by living statues, aerial artists, spray can artists and more.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...