Edge, Food

Food trucks bring new flavors to campus

Nothing beats the midday blues like a food truck at the University of Miami. Whether for a full lunch, or just a pick-me-up snack, food trucks always feel like a special treat or an occasion. Here’s a guide to some of the food trucks you can find around campus:

Jefe’s

Jefe’s is known for one thing, and that’s their wonderful fish tacos. Reasonably priced and bursting with fresh flavors, they make an excellent lunch or snack. There are also Mexican cuisine options on the menu, as well as juicy burgers and fries. Jefe’s is located near the Cox Science building on Wednesdays.

Uragano

Unique to our campus, the Uragano pizza truck provides tasty pizza at assorted campus locations. It features 11 varieties of pizza, from traditional to elaborate options. They are perfect for splitting or simply for a midday pizza break. Uragano can be found at the Rock.

Cold Stone Creamery

Everyone’s favorite hot summer afternoon treat comes right to campus a few times a week. Parked by the Rock, it offers ice cream mixed with your choice of toppings, as well as milkshakes. It’s there when you need to beat the heat on a sunny day, as a mid-week reward, or for Friday afternoon celebration.

HipPops

When in the mood for a slightly trendier food truck experience, HipPops allows for creating your own sweet concoction by making your own flavor combination. You first select from a gelato, yogurt or sorbet base, pair it with a dip and then add crunchy toppings to finish it off. Simple combinations like vanilla with a milk chocolate dip and peanut toppings are possible, as are the pops that really shine in flavor with adventurous combinations.

Blake Weil

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...