Multimedia, News, Video

RSMAS complex focuses on marine life, hurricane conditions

Reporter Heather Zons takes a look inside the Alfred C. Glassell, Jr. SUSTAIN building, a $50 million complex at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) that houses a wave tank used to simulate Category 5 hurricane conditions. For extended coverage, visit umtv.miami.edu.

Heather Zons

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...