Edge, Fashion

Back-to-school outfits fit for Florida’s fall season

Whether you’re a newcomer on campus or used to Florida’s fall heat, dressing for the season is often a challenge. These five outfits showcase the elements of fall fashion without using too much fabric so you can stay chic in the heat.

outfit1

(Wo)Menswear
Nothing delicate here – tough textures like patent leather and felt are modernly androgynous. Balance out trousers with a cropped tank for a feminine silhouette. Finish the look with minimalist accessories like this round-faced watch and suede satchel.

outfit2

Tread On
Channel utilitarian vibes in this lecture-hall-to-lunch-date look. Dress up a basic white tee with this everyday denim dress and chic sunnies. Add a paisley handkerchief and thick-soled chelsea boots for the perfect level of edge.

outfit3

Tasteful Textures
Get a complex look with a few pieces by mixing textures. Soften up the metallics in this bustier with a suede skirt and faux fur clutch. Complete the outfit with a pair of embossed earrings and soft leather sandals.

outfit 4

Straight Out Of The 70s
Play up the season’s favorite decade with this all-encompassing look. Paisley, suede and structured silhouettes are the hallmarks of 70s fashion. Keep from looking gimmicky with a muted color palette and limited accessories.

outfit5

School Kid Chic
Bring back the skort, sneakers and striped sweater in this mod take on a uniform. A small leather backpack makes this look perfect for college classes. Use gold accessories and darker colors to up the sophistication.

Haley Walker

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...