Edge, Fashion

Back-to-school outfits fit for Florida’s fall season

Whether you’re a newcomer on campus or used to Florida’s fall heat, dressing for the season is often a challenge. These five outfits showcase the elements of fall fashion without using too much fabric so you can stay chic in the heat.

outfit1

(Wo)Menswear
Nothing delicate here – tough textures like patent leather and felt are modernly androgynous. Balance out trousers with a cropped tank for a feminine silhouette. Finish the look with minimalist accessories like this round-faced watch and suede satchel.

outfit2

Tread On
Channel utilitarian vibes in this lecture-hall-to-lunch-date look. Dress up a basic white tee with this everyday denim dress and chic sunnies. Add a paisley handkerchief and thick-soled chelsea boots for the perfect level of edge.

outfit3

Tasteful Textures
Get a complex look with a few pieces by mixing textures. Soften up the metallics in this bustier with a suede skirt and faux fur clutch. Complete the outfit with a pair of embossed earrings and soft leather sandals.

outfit 4

Straight Out Of The 70s
Play up the season’s favorite decade with this all-encompassing look. Paisley, suede and structured silhouettes are the hallmarks of 70s fashion. Keep from looking gimmicky with a muted color palette and limited accessories.

outfit5

School Kid Chic
Bring back the skort, sneakers and striped sweater in this mod take on a uniform. A small leather backpack makes this look perfect for college classes. Use gold accessories and darker colors to up the sophistication.

Haley Walker

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...