Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Metallica, Sam Smith give their all for Lollapalooza 2015

Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica, and Sam Smith. Check out our recap of the most memorable moments of their performances.

Walk The Moon opened its set on the Sprint Stage Saturday afternoon with the hit “Jenny”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The audience for Walk The Moon sings along with the band. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tame Impala took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage early Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“It’s a huge blessing to be playing for Nick Cage… shout out to the young man who brought the Nick Cage face!” said Kid Cudi during his set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

James Hetfield of Metallica shreds on his guitar at the beginning of Metallica’s headliner set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group's headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group’s headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been looking forward to this festival for a long time…. I know I shouldn’t say this, but Chicago is my favorite place to perform,” Sam Smith said at the beginning of his set Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Sam Smith described to his adoring Lollapalooza fans why his latest album is special to him. Of the album Smith said, “… it is the first time I get to be truly myself with my music. Every song on this album has happened to me and is a personal experience.” Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day One and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

Boston College star Ky Bowman came down with a 102-degree fever on Saturday night. Jordan Chatman an ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Sunday: ▪ New UM defensive coordinator Blake Baker has asked UM ...

Emese Hof and No. 20 Miami think they can play with anyone, and it shows. Hof scored 18 of her 25 po ...

New University of Miami baseball head coach Gino DiMare wanted to start strong. He got perfection. T ...

Former University of Miami star running back Mark Walton was arrested late Friday on a charge of mis ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The Hurricanes dropped a tight contest with the Eagles in Chestnut Hill, 64-57. ...

The sophomore first baseman slugged his second homer of the weekend to lead the Canes to a series wi ...

Junior Renate Grimstad led the way for Miami and is tied for 18th at one-over-par, while sophomore K ...