Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Metallica, Sam Smith give their all for Lollapalooza 2015

Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica, and Sam Smith. Check out our recap of the most memorable moments of their performances.

Walk The Moon opened its set on the Sprint Stage Saturday afternoon with the hit “Jenny”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The audience for Walk The Moon sings along with the band. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tame Impala took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage early Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“It’s a huge blessing to be playing for Nick Cage… shout out to the young man who brought the Nick Cage face!” said Kid Cudi during his set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

James Hetfield of Metallica shreds on his guitar at the beginning of Metallica’s headliner set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group's headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group’s headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been looking forward to this festival for a long time…. I know I shouldn’t say this, but Chicago is my favorite place to perform,” Sam Smith said at the beginning of his set Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Sam Smith described to his adoring Lollapalooza fans why his latest album is special to him. Of the album Smith said, “… it is the first time I get to be truly myself with my music. Every song on this album has happened to me and is a personal experience.” Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day One and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...