Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Metallica, Sam Smith give their all for Lollapalooza 2015

Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica, and Sam Smith. Check out our recap of the most memorable moments of their performances.

Walk The Moon opened its set on the Sprint Stage Saturday afternoon with the hit “Jenny”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The audience for Walk The Moon sings along with the band. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tame Impala took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage early Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“It’s a huge blessing to be playing for Nick Cage… shout out to the young man who brought the Nick Cage face!” said Kid Cudi during his set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

James Hetfield of Metallica shreds on his guitar at the beginning of Metallica’s headliner set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group's headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group’s headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been looking forward to this festival for a long time…. I know I shouldn’t say this, but Chicago is my favorite place to perform,” Sam Smith said at the beginning of his set Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Sam Smith described to his adoring Lollapalooza fans why his latest album is special to him. Of the album Smith said, “… it is the first time I get to be truly myself with my music. Every song on this album has happened to me and is a personal experience.” Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day One and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas