Gallery, Lollapalooza, Photo

Metallica, Sam Smith give their all for Lollapalooza 2015

Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica, and Sam Smith. Check out our recap of the most memorable moments of their performances.

Walk The Moon opened its set on the Sprint Stage Saturday afternoon with the hit “Jenny”. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

The audience for Walk The Moon sings along with the band. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Tame Impala took to the Samsung Galaxy Stage early Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“It’s a huge blessing to be playing for Nick Cage… shout out to the young man who brought the Nick Cage face!” said Kid Cudi during his set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

James Hetfield of Metallica shreds on his guitar at the beginning of Metallica’s headliner set at Lollapalooza. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group's headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo plays to the crowd during the group’s headliner set at Lollapalooza Saturday. Lollapalooza’s second day came in full swing with performances by Walk The Moon, Tame Impala, Kid Cudi, Metallica and Sam Smith. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

“I’ve been looking forward to this festival for a long time…. I know I shouldn’t say this, but Chicago is my favorite place to perform,” Sam Smith said at the beginning of his set Saturday evening. Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

Sam Smith described to his adoring Lollapalooza fans why his latest album is special to him. Of the album Smith said, “… it is the first time I get to be truly myself with my music. Every song on this album has happened to me and is a personal experience.” Hallee Meltzer // Photo Editor

See more: Galleries of Day One and Day Three of Lollapalooza 2015

Hallee Meltzer

Hallee Meltzer can be reached at hmeltzer@themiamihurricane.com.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...