Edge, Fashion

Warm colors, loose silhouettes heat up summer fashion

What better way to ring in the summer than with a shopping spree? If you’re hoping to update your spring wardrobe, here are some trends that will last you into next semester.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 12.53.48 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Colors

Welcome the warmer months with warmer shades. Burgundies, oranges and dusty pinks are fair game on anything from pants to nail polish. Rose-colored sunglasses and gold jewelry complement these colors perfectly.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 5.33.16 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Textures

Denim, braiding and suede give a wild west vibe to this summer’s trends. Get festival-season-ready with scuffed suede boots and denim cutoffs. Simple looks pair well with embroidered wallets, bags, and bracelets in bright colors. Throw on a braided vest or tassel hat to complete the look.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 10.56.21 AM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Shapes

Say goodbye to short-shorts and tank tops. This summer’s silhouettes are long, loose and breezy. Pair a ’70s style dress with gladiator sandals or a crop top with boyfriend bermudas. Accessorize with bucket bags, panama hats and round shades.

Patterns

Deck out your outfits with florals, paisley and skinny stripes this summer. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. A simple striped tee goes well with floral bags, and paisley dresses will stand out against smaller patterns. If you fear louder looks, try clashing patterns with a striped headscarf and floral bag, or a paisley purse and embroidered bracelet.

Haley Walker

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...