Edge, Fashion

Warm colors, loose silhouettes heat up summer fashion

What better way to ring in the summer than with a shopping spree? If you’re hoping to update your spring wardrobe, here are some trends that will last you into next semester.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 12.53.48 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Colors

Welcome the warmer months with warmer shades. Burgundies, oranges and dusty pinks are fair game on anything from pants to nail polish. Rose-colored sunglasses and gold jewelry complement these colors perfectly.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 5.33.16 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Textures

Denim, braiding and suede give a wild west vibe to this summer’s trends. Get festival-season-ready with scuffed suede boots and denim cutoffs. Simple looks pair well with embroidered wallets, bags, and bracelets in bright colors. Throw on a braided vest or tassel hat to complete the look.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 10.56.21 AM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Shapes

Say goodbye to short-shorts and tank tops. This summer’s silhouettes are long, loose and breezy. Pair a ’70s style dress with gladiator sandals or a crop top with boyfriend bermudas. Accessorize with bucket bags, panama hats and round shades.

Patterns

Deck out your outfits with florals, paisley and skinny stripes this summer. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. A simple striped tee goes well with floral bags, and paisley dresses will stand out against smaller patterns. If you fear louder looks, try clashing patterns with a striped headscarf and floral bag, or a paisley purse and embroidered bracelet.

Haley Walker

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

There wasn’t much energy in the Watsco Center stands on Saturday afternoon as most University of Mia ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

Seniors Kolby Bird and Haley Templeton will play in their final match at the James L. Knight Sports ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...