Edge, Fashion

Warm colors, loose silhouettes heat up summer fashion

What better way to ring in the summer than with a shopping spree? If you’re hoping to update your spring wardrobe, here are some trends that will last you into next semester.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 12.53.48 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Colors

Welcome the warmer months with warmer shades. Burgundies, oranges and dusty pinks are fair game on anything from pants to nail polish. Rose-colored sunglasses and gold jewelry complement these colors perfectly.

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 5.33.16 PM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Textures

Denim, braiding and suede give a wild west vibe to this summer’s trends. Get festival-season-ready with scuffed suede boots and denim cutoffs. Simple looks pair well with embroidered wallets, bags, and bracelets in bright colors. Throw on a braided vest or tassel hat to complete the look.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 10.56.21 AM

Screenshot from polyvore.com.

Shapes

Say goodbye to short-shorts and tank tops. This summer’s silhouettes are long, loose and breezy. Pair a ’70s style dress with gladiator sandals or a crop top with boyfriend bermudas. Accessorize with bucket bags, panama hats and round shades.

Patterns

Deck out your outfits with florals, paisley and skinny stripes this summer. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. A simple striped tee goes well with floral bags, and paisley dresses will stand out against smaller patterns. If you fear louder looks, try clashing patterns with a striped headscarf and floral bag, or a paisley purse and embroidered bracelet.

Haley Walker

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...