Edge, Food

Travel not required to sample flavors from around globe

For those looking to take a culinary journey around the world, graduate from to-go eats to authentic global meals. Read about Edge’s top picks for genuine, traditional dishes depending on your cuisine cravings.

Chinese

See what Siyuan Tong suggests as the top authentic Chinese restaurants:

-Chang’s Chinese Restaurant

-South Garden Chinese Restaurant

-Chop Suey International Restaurant

-Tropical Chinese Restaurant

Argentinian

Explore the five tastiest treats Argentina has to offer in Miami, according to Donatela Vacca:

-Churros, fried dough pastry

-Helado, homemade ice cream

-Milanesa, a breaded meat dish

-Choripan, a chorizo sandwich

-Medialuna, a croissant-like pastry

Turkish

Marwan Alenezi explores South Florida’s  authentic Turkish restaurants:

-Miami Mediterranean

-Babylon

-Mandolin Aegean Bistro

-Griffin Food Market

Cuban

Cuban restaurants are a dime-a-dozen in Miami. Check out Esther Ponce de Leon’s guide to the most authentic:

-Versailles Restaurant

-La Carreta

-La Casita

-Morro Castle

-Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.