Golf, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/20

Golf

The No. 26-ranked Miami Hurricanes women’s golf team ended the season at the 2015 ACC Women’s Golf Championship Saturday. The Canes had a three-round total of 893, finishing 10th. The championship was held at the par 72, 6,089-yard Sedgefield Country Club. Sophomore Daniela Darquea led the Canes, tying for eighth. This was her seventh top-10 finish this season. Darquea had a final round score even par, 72.

Women’s tennis

Miami Hurricanes women’s tennis ended the season with a 7-0 win over Pittsburgh. The No. 16 Canes will go into the ACC Championship Wednesday 16-5 and 12-2 in the ACC. No. 8 ITA- ranked Stephanie Wagner won her singles match 6-3, 6-3. This weekend also began the inaugural Tennis Alumni Weekend for former players and coaches. Over 50 alumni from the past seven decades (1950s to 2014) gathered for the weekend festivities.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...