Athletics, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/16

SPORTS_Baseball_SC

Freshman left-fielder Carl Chester takes a swing during Wednesday night’s 4-2 win over No. 19 UCF. After Chester’s single in the seventh inning, senior Garrett Kennedy drove in the game-winning run. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Rowing

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal 2 with a time of 7:09.64, and finished strong Sunday by winning the third level final with a time of 7:11.51. The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal 3 with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Women’s tennis

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals on Sunday for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal two with a time of 7:09.64 and finished strong Sunday, winning the third-level final with a time of 7:11.51 The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal three with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third-level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of