Athletics, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/16

SPORTS_Baseball_SC

Freshman left-fielder Carl Chester takes a swing during Wednesday night’s 4-2 win over No. 19 UCF. After Chester’s single in the seventh inning, senior Garrett Kennedy drove in the game-winning run. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Rowing

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal 2 with a time of 7:09.64, and finished strong Sunday by winning the third level final with a time of 7:11.51. The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal 3 with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Women’s tennis

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals on Sunday for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal two with a time of 7:09.64 and finished strong Sunday, winning the third-level final with a time of 7:11.51 The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal three with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third-level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...