Athletics, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/16

SPORTS_Baseball_SC

Freshman left-fielder Carl Chester takes a swing during Wednesday night’s 4-2 win over No. 19 UCF. After Chester’s single in the seventh inning, senior Garrett Kennedy drove in the game-winning run. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Rowing

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal 2 with a time of 7:09.64, and finished strong Sunday by winning the third level final with a time of 7:11.51. The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal 3 with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Women’s tennis

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals on Sunday for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal two with a time of 7:09.64 and finished strong Sunday, winning the third-level final with a time of 7:11.51 The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal three with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third-level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

It was maybe coincidence, but positioned just behind his left shoulder as Tyrique Stevenson spoke ab ...

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled a new turnover chain this season, replacing the bedazzled “U” that han ...

Before now, the last time the Miami Hurricanes scored 21 or fewer points in four consecutive games w ...

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...

The Canes hit the road for the final time in the 2018 regular season and it is to a familiar and hos ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

Miami wraps up its season-opening homestand with a 2 p.m. Saturday matchup against Bethune-Cookman a ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...