Athletics, Sports, Tennis

Sports Briefs 4/16

SPORTS_Baseball_SC

Freshman left-fielder Carl Chester takes a swing during Wednesday night’s 4-2 win over No. 19 UCF. After Chester’s single in the seventh inning, senior Garrett Kennedy drove in the game-winning run. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Rowing

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal 2 with a time of 7:09.64, and finished strong Sunday by winning the third level final with a time of 7:11.51. The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal 3 with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Women’s tennis

The Miami Hurricanes rowing team closed the 2015 Knecht Cup Sunday. Two boats advanced to semifinals on Sunday for the Canes to race in the 1V8+ and 2V8+ divisions. The Canes wrapped up the weekend with two big wins. The 2V8+ placed fifth in semifinal two with a time of 7:09.64 and finished strong Sunday, winning the third-level final with a time of 7:11.51 The Canes 1V8+ finished sixth in semifinal three with a time of 6:57.29 and won its third-level final with a time of 6:59.05.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...