Edge Briefs 4/16

#TBT Patio Jams

In April 1925, a group of citizens chartered the University of Miami as a place for higher education. In celebration of the 90th anniversary of this charter, the weekly Patio Jams concert will be themed as a hashtag #TBT Patio Jams. The Throwback Thursday event will feature an alumni band from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the UC Patio.

‘Adding Machine’

“Adding Machine: A Musical” opens at 8 p.m. on Thursday in the Hecht Studio Theater. The show is a musical adaptation of Elmer Rice’s 1923 play “The Adding Machine.” The show follows anti-hero Mr. Zero, who murders his boss after 25 years on the job because he was replaced by an adding machine.

MTV’s ‘Girl Code’ #ATTHERAT

The Rathskeller Advisory Board and Hurricane productions will host MTV’s “Girl Code” from 8-10 p.m. Friday at the Rat.  The TV show provides tips for starting discussions about being a woman and covers topics such as “frenemies,” drinking and dating. Female comics, athletes and entertainers will attend the discussion.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...