Blogs, UBuzz

Yik Yak Reacts to Sixth UM President Julio Frenk

Julio Frenk at Monday's press conference. Erika Glass // Managing News Editor

Julio Frenk at Monday’s press conference. Erika Glass // Managing News Editor

Dr. Julio Frenk, Harvard dean and former Minister of Health of Mexico, was named the sixth president of the University of Miami Monday.

The Miami Hurricane staff collected screenshots from Yik Yak of some of the reactions around campus. [Hear more about students’ reactions in this video.]

Read the full story: Harvard dean Julio Frenk named new University of Miami president

image5

image7

image2

Courtney Fiorini

Sarbani Ghosh

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...