V's Take

Dear V: Embrace alter egos in the bedroom…

V,

Recently, I came home early from work to surprise my boyfriend with a couple of Redbox movies and a bottle of wine. However, I got more than I was asking for. I walked in on my boyfriend wearing my bra and underwear. At first, I was uncomfortable and considered breaking up with him on the spot. Afterwards, he assured me he wasn’t questioning his sexuality and just had a fetish for playing around with women’s clothing. I’ve decided that I want to help him feel sexually fulfilled. Where should I start?

Sincerely,

Swapping Styles

Dear Swapping Styles,

Good for you for stealing a chapter from Madonna’s playbook. “Dress You Up” is all about playing into your man’s desires, and you’re a great girlfriend for being willing to stray from the beaten path in the bedroom. I always encourage couples to explore both each other and themselves through intimacy, so I’ve created a cheat sheet for you and your guy to consult as you explore this new part of your relationship.

Speaking of Madonna, I’ve found some other playful pop personas your guy can try on for size.

Katy Perry: Your boyfriend isn’t just “One of the Boys,” so let’s make him feel special. Hand him your puffiest push-up bra and your brightest bubbly skirt.  Throw in a few Skittles and Hershey’s kisses to show off his sweet side. You can say you “Kissed a Girl,” and your boyfriend won’t mind it. However, remember to leave “Left Shark” in the ocean.

Britney Spears: Put a platinum blonde wig on your guy’s head and give him your old high school uniform and heels. Watch him become a femme fatale before your eyes. Don’t be shy, because the bedroom is your own “Circus.”

Rihanna: Get a little “Loud” with this one. A bright red bob wig and shiny black bodysuit will make your man feel like the “Only Girl in the World.” If we’ve learned anything from Rihanna’s “S&M,” a few whips and chains can be exciting.

Lady Gaga: Release your inner monster with this one. Your boyfriend can don a red bodysuit with lacy fishnets and flash his best “Poker Face” despite his excitement. Or wrap him up in caution tape and turn off his “Telephone”… you’ll need some peace and quiet with his disco stick.

Embrace this new activity that the two of you can share in private, and don’t forget to enjoy yourself.

Advice Columnist

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...