News Briefs 3/30

NEWS_CommuterDateNight_VM

Senior Danny Diaz and sophomore Santiago Massa dance it out as Danny is auctioned away for a date during the Commuter Week Charity Date Auction held at the Rathskeller Thursday. All the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society. Victoria McKaba // Staff Photographer

Health Outreach Peer Educator

Health Outreach Peer Educators (HOPE) are looking for students interested in being part of the program. HOPE members are trained to teach fellow students about pertinent health issues. Those interested will have the opportunity to learn about sexual health, relationships, hazing, discrimination, stress, time management, gambling and more. To apply, visit Miami.edu/healthed. The deadline is April 2.

The UMazing Race

Commuter students and residents living on campus will compete with one another in field day-like activities. The event will begin at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at the Intramural Fields near the Hecht and Stanford residential colleges. Student Government’s Freshmen Leadership Council created the initiative to help students bond. Student Government will provide dinner for participants, and the event is free for all students. To register for the race, visit tinyurl.com/UmazingRace.

Media Meet-Up

Students are invited to network at the Communication and Interactive Media Meet-Up to meet employers in communication, advertising, broadcast, media, journalism and graphic design fields. Appetizers will be served at the event, and professional attire is required. The meet-up is free for all students and lasts from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday at the School of Communication Courtyard. For more information, visit HireACane.com.

Alina Zerpa may be contacted at azerpa@themiamihurricane.com. 

Alina Zerpa

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

It took much longer than anticipated, but the No. 23 Miami Hurricanes outlasted No. 8 Louisville, 16 ...

Making its fourth straight appearance in the ACC Championship semifinals, the fifth-seeded and No. 2 ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team knocked off fourth-seeded and nint ...

Miami was leading, 10-3, when umpires suspended play at 7 p.m. on Friday. ...