Basketball, Blogs, UBuzz

Look at this clever way Angel Rodriguez verified his own Facebook page

UPDATE: A reporter spoke to Angel Rodriguez during a face-to-face interview, and he confirmed that he does not run his Twitter or Facebook pages. He only uses Instagram.

Read the full story here: Canes Hoops guard Angel Rodriguez’s Twitter and Facebook pages are fake

Angel Rodriguez has a Facebook page. Its description says it’s the “Official Page of Angel Rodriguez
Point Guard for University of Miami No. 13.”

Rodriguez confirmed via Twitter that he runs the Facebook page himself, but better yet, he has used artistic license to self-verify the page with a fake blue check mark.

And here at UBuzz, we find that to be the greatest thing to happen to the Canes Hoops team captain, the entire University of Miami, and all of the Internet.

Here’s a screenshot of the Facebook page header. Notice the difference between the blue check mark on Rodriguez’s page and the one on a real verified page, like The Huffington Post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.24.21 PM

Screenshot taken from the official Angel Rodriguez Facebook page

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.25.12 PM

Now, THAT’s a check mark.

And if that’s not enough, here’s what the cover photo looks like when you expand it in full. Is Rodriguez some sort of Photoshop whiz?

10882358_1566068676974964_5563308014952820779_n

You’ve got a little something on your shirt, Jekiri.

Update:

Rodriguez told The Miami Hurricane that his friend who is studying business marketing is actually the one who edited the picture. He has used Photoshop to add the fake blue check mark to the pages of a few other athletes as well, according to Rodriguez.

“My friend edited that pic for me since it’s almost impossible to get verified,” Rodriguez said in a Facebook message.

Rodriguez said he wanted to make his Facebook page look as official as possible in order to help him stay in touch with fans, as well as market himself and his teammates while they work toward their NBA dreams.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...