Basketball, Blogs, UBuzz

Look at this clever way Angel Rodriguez verified his own Facebook page

UPDATE: A reporter spoke to Angel Rodriguez during a face-to-face interview, and he confirmed that he does not run his Twitter or Facebook pages. He only uses Instagram.

Read the full story here: Canes Hoops guard Angel Rodriguez’s Twitter and Facebook pages are fake

Angel Rodriguez has a Facebook page. Its description says it’s the “Official Page of Angel Rodriguez
Point Guard for University of Miami No. 13.”

Rodriguez confirmed via Twitter that he runs the Facebook page himself, but better yet, he has used artistic license to self-verify the page with a fake blue check mark.

And here at UBuzz, we find that to be the greatest thing to happen to the Canes Hoops team captain, the entire University of Miami, and all of the Internet.

Here’s a screenshot of the Facebook page header. Notice the difference between the blue check mark on Rodriguez’s page and the one on a real verified page, like The Huffington Post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.24.21 PM

Screenshot taken from the official Angel Rodriguez Facebook page

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.25.12 PM

Now, THAT’s a check mark.

And if that’s not enough, here’s what the cover photo looks like when you expand it in full. Is Rodriguez some sort of Photoshop whiz?

10882358_1566068676974964_5563308014952820779_n

You’ve got a little something on your shirt, Jekiri.

Update:

Rodriguez told The Miami Hurricane that his friend who is studying business marketing is actually the one who edited the picture. He has used Photoshop to add the fake blue check mark to the pages of a few other athletes as well, according to Rodriguez.

“My friend edited that pic for me since it’s almost impossible to get verified,” Rodriguez said in a Facebook message.

Rodriguez said he wanted to make his Facebook page look as official as possible in order to help him stay in touch with fans, as well as market himself and his teammates while they work toward their NBA dreams.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...