Basketball, Blogs, UBuzz

Look at this clever way Angel Rodriguez verified his own Facebook page

UPDATE: A reporter spoke to Angel Rodriguez during a face-to-face interview, and he confirmed that he does not run his Twitter or Facebook pages. He only uses Instagram.

Read the full story here: Canes Hoops guard Angel Rodriguez’s Twitter and Facebook pages are fake

Angel Rodriguez has a Facebook page. Its description says it’s the “Official Page of Angel Rodriguez
Point Guard for University of Miami No. 13.”

Rodriguez confirmed via Twitter that he runs the Facebook page himself, but better yet, he has used artistic license to self-verify the page with a fake blue check mark.

And here at UBuzz, we find that to be the greatest thing to happen to the Canes Hoops team captain, the entire University of Miami, and all of the Internet.

Here’s a screenshot of the Facebook page header. Notice the difference between the blue check mark on Rodriguez’s page and the one on a real verified page, like The Huffington Post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.24.21 PM

Screenshot taken from the official Angel Rodriguez Facebook page

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.25.12 PM

Now, THAT’s a check mark.

And if that’s not enough, here’s what the cover photo looks like when you expand it in full. Is Rodriguez some sort of Photoshop whiz?

10882358_1566068676974964_5563308014952820779_n

You’ve got a little something on your shirt, Jekiri.

Update:

Rodriguez told The Miami Hurricane that his friend who is studying business marketing is actually the one who edited the picture. He has used Photoshop to add the fake blue check mark to the pages of a few other athletes as well, according to Rodriguez.

“My friend edited that pic for me since it’s almost impossible to get verified,” Rodriguez said in a Facebook message.

Rodriguez said he wanted to make his Facebook page look as official as possible in order to help him stay in touch with fans, as well as market himself and his teammates while they work toward their NBA dreams.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...

The University of Miami soccer team closes out action in the Tar Heel state with a match against thi ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami Hurricanes fell in their tri-meet with Georgia Tech and Notre Dame Saturday afternoon, dro ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...