Basketball, Blogs, UBuzz

Look at this clever way Angel Rodriguez verified his own Facebook page

UPDATE: A reporter spoke to Angel Rodriguez during a face-to-face interview, and he confirmed that he does not run his Twitter or Facebook pages. He only uses Instagram.

Read the full story here: Canes Hoops guard Angel Rodriguez’s Twitter and Facebook pages are fake

Angel Rodriguez has a Facebook page. Its description says it’s the “Official Page of Angel Rodriguez
Point Guard for University of Miami No. 13.”

Rodriguez confirmed via Twitter that he runs the Facebook page himself, but better yet, he has used artistic license to self-verify the page with a fake blue check mark.

And here at UBuzz, we find that to be the greatest thing to happen to the Canes Hoops team captain, the entire University of Miami, and all of the Internet.

Here’s a screenshot of the Facebook page header. Notice the difference between the blue check mark on Rodriguez’s page and the one on a real verified page, like The Huffington Post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.24.21 PM

Screenshot taken from the official Angel Rodriguez Facebook page

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.25.12 PM

Now, THAT’s a check mark.

And if that’s not enough, here’s what the cover photo looks like when you expand it in full. Is Rodriguez some sort of Photoshop whiz?

10882358_1566068676974964_5563308014952820779_n

You’ve got a little something on your shirt, Jekiri.

Update:

Rodriguez told The Miami Hurricane that his friend who is studying business marketing is actually the one who edited the picture. He has used Photoshop to add the fake blue check mark to the pages of a few other athletes as well, according to Rodriguez.

“My friend edited that pic for me since it’s almost impossible to get verified,” Rodriguez said in a Facebook message.

Rodriguez said he wanted to make his Facebook page look as official as possible in order to help him stay in touch with fans, as well as market himself and his teammates while they work toward their NBA dreams.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...