Basketball, Blogs, UBuzz

Look at this clever way Angel Rodriguez verified his own Facebook page

UPDATE: A reporter spoke to Angel Rodriguez during a face-to-face interview, and he confirmed that he does not run his Twitter or Facebook pages. He only uses Instagram.

Read the full story here: Canes Hoops guard Angel Rodriguez’s Twitter and Facebook pages are fake

Angel Rodriguez has a Facebook page. Its description says it’s the “Official Page of Angel Rodriguez
Point Guard for University of Miami No. 13.”

Rodriguez confirmed via Twitter that he runs the Facebook page himself, but better yet, he has used artistic license to self-verify the page with a fake blue check mark.

And here at UBuzz, we find that to be the greatest thing to happen to the Canes Hoops team captain, the entire University of Miami, and all of the Internet.

Here’s a screenshot of the Facebook page header. Notice the difference between the blue check mark on Rodriguez’s page and the one on a real verified page, like The Huffington Post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.24.21 PM

Screenshot taken from the official Angel Rodriguez Facebook page

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 10.25.12 PM

Now, THAT’s a check mark.

And if that’s not enough, here’s what the cover photo looks like when you expand it in full. Is Rodriguez some sort of Photoshop whiz?

10882358_1566068676974964_5563308014952820779_n

You’ve got a little something on your shirt, Jekiri.

Update:

Rodriguez told The Miami Hurricane that his friend who is studying business marketing is actually the one who edited the picture. He has used Photoshop to add the fake blue check mark to the pages of a few other athletes as well, according to Rodriguez.

“My friend edited that pic for me since it’s almost impossible to get verified,” Rodriguez said in a Facebook message.

Rodriguez said he wanted to make his Facebook page look as official as possible in order to help him stay in touch with fans, as well as market himself and his teammates while they work toward their NBA dreams.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...