Campus Life, News

Commuter Week offers smashing experience for charity

As part of Commuter Week at the University of Miami, the Association of Commuter Students hosted its annual “Car Smashing,” where students had the opportunity to take out their stress and anger with a sledgehammer. Proceeds from the event go to the American Cancer Society.

Eddie Sanchez

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...