Campus Life, News

Commuter Week offers smashing experience for charity

As part of Commuter Week at the University of Miami, the Association of Commuter Students hosted its annual “Car Smashing,” where students had the opportunity to take out their stress and anger with a sledgehammer. Proceeds from the event go to the American Cancer Society.

Eddie Sanchez

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...