Athletics, Baseball, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 3/23

Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nile Clark plays in a doubles competition with Piotr Lomacki (not pictured) during Friday’s match against Clemson. The Hurricanes lost 3-4. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Swimming and Diving

Senior diver Thea Vock earned her second All-America recognition Friday night at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. She took fifth place in the 3-meter event at the 2015 NCAA Division I Swimming and Diving Championships.

Senior Cheyenne Cousineau picked up her second career All-America recognition Saturday with a third-place finish in the platform event. She earned All-America honors in 2013 in the same event when she was a redshirt sophomore at Ohio State.

Baseball

The Hurricanes clinched their second straight ACC series victory, beating Wake Forest 12-7 in game two at Gene Hooks Field Saturday. The No. 17 Canes are currently 18-7 overall and 6-3 in the ACC.

Miami jumped out to an early lead Saturday. Despite a late Wake Forest comeback effort, Miami held on to secure its eighth straight victory.

The Canes struggled in the final game on Sunday. They lost 10-4 but still took the series.

Rowing

The Hurricanes rowing team had five boats compete against Columbia and UCF at the The Governor’s Cup Saturday.

Saturday’s meet capped an exciting start to the 2015 spring season for the Canes. On Wednesday, Miami opened with a scrimmage against UConn.

The Canes will head to San Diego to compete in the San Diego Crew Classic in the final weekend of March.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The improvements to the IM fields offer a safer, more efficient field for the University community. ...

President Donald Trump’s letter to the Turkish president has been looked at as undiplomatic and unpr ...

The LGBTQ Student Center and SpectrUM invite the UM community to show their true colors during LGBT ...

Miller School of Medicine students are visiting barbershops to offer free health screenings to Afric ...

With a new name and a continued focus on excellence, students, faculty, and staff are excited about ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.