Athletics, Baseball, Sports, Swimming/Diving

Sports Briefs 3/23

Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nile Clark plays in a doubles competition with Piotr Lomacki (not pictured) during Friday’s match against Clemson. The Hurricanes lost 3-4. Shreya Chidarala // Staff Photographer

Swimming and Diving

Senior diver Thea Vock earned her second All-America recognition Friday night at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. She took fifth place in the 3-meter event at the 2015 NCAA Division I Swimming and Diving Championships.

Senior Cheyenne Cousineau picked up her second career All-America recognition Saturday with a third-place finish in the platform event. She earned All-America honors in 2013 in the same event when she was a redshirt sophomore at Ohio State.

Baseball

The Hurricanes clinched their second straight ACC series victory, beating Wake Forest 12-7 in game two at Gene Hooks Field Saturday. The No. 17 Canes are currently 18-7 overall and 6-3 in the ACC.

Miami jumped out to an early lead Saturday. Despite a late Wake Forest comeback effort, Miami held on to secure its eighth straight victory.

The Canes struggled in the final game on Sunday. They lost 10-4 but still took the series.

Rowing

The Hurricanes rowing team had five boats compete against Columbia and UCF at the The Governor’s Cup Saturday.

Saturday’s meet capped an exciting start to the 2015 spring season for the Canes. On Wednesday, Miami opened with a scrimmage against UConn.

The Canes will head to San Diego to compete in the San Diego Crew Classic in the final weekend of March.

Courtney Fiorini may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Courtney Fiorini

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

George Stewart had a big problem, and little time to solve it. It was Week 6 of the 2018 season, and ...

One of the interesting subplots of this Hurricanes season will be watching the evolution of a bunch ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Coach Manny Diaz said the quarterback race among Ta ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami Libraries offer readers multiple ways to access the books, which are popular ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Martin Grosell weighs in on how marine life in the Gulf could be affect ...

Varona, an attorney and educator who specializes in administrative law, communications and media law ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...

Courtney spent nine years previously on Jim Larranaga's staff from 1996-2005. ...

The University of Miami track and field program received 17 All-America honors at the conclusion of ...