Edge, Fashion

Vintage looks make cool, contemporary comebacks

vintageWhile the modern girl is a little less poofy-haired and MTV-obsessed than her 80s counterpart, she can still get by with a lot of the same looks. Here are a few trends born in the 80s that guys or gals can still rock today.

Leather Jackets

Revive the 80s punk scene with a loud leather jacket. This is the perfect piece to liven up jeans and a tee or add edge to a feminine dress. Guys can rock the leather style with almost any outfit. Throw on some aviator shades for a timelessly cool look.

High-Waisted Pants

Fake longer legs with a pair of pants that cinch at the waist. Match a looser pair with a crop top and belt, or a tighter pair with an oversized cardigan. Guys can try out mid-rise jeans as an alternative to the typical sagging style.

Denim

Not just for jeans: jackets, shirts and backpacks can rock this classic blue. Add it as an accent piece or go for head-to-toe denim by mixing dark and light washes. The same goes for guys; denim goes with everything and makes outfit choosing easy.

Statement Jewelry

Eighties-inspired jewelry subscribes to the “go big or go home” motto. Chunky bangles, draping layered necklaces and big bling rings are all fair game. Guys can take on this trend with bulky watches, long dog tag necklaces, or big class rings.

Haley Walker

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

The first debates of the Democratic presidential primary season will take place over two nights. How ...

Doctoral student Maria del Rosario Concha Mendez is spending the summer researching materials in the ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that led her to sign up w ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Emese Hof and Samantha Gonzalez, are among the record 585 nomin ...

Chris McMahon was selected to participate in the 2019 USA Baseball Collegiate National Team training ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...