Edge, Fashion

Vintage looks make cool, contemporary comebacks

vintageWhile the modern girl is a little less poofy-haired and MTV-obsessed than her 80s counterpart, she can still get by with a lot of the same looks. Here are a few trends born in the 80s that guys or gals can still rock today.

Leather Jackets

Revive the 80s punk scene with a loud leather jacket. This is the perfect piece to liven up jeans and a tee or add edge to a feminine dress. Guys can rock the leather style with almost any outfit. Throw on some aviator shades for a timelessly cool look.

High-Waisted Pants

Fake longer legs with a pair of pants that cinch at the waist. Match a looser pair with a crop top and belt, or a tighter pair with an oversized cardigan. Guys can try out mid-rise jeans as an alternative to the typical sagging style.

Denim

Not just for jeans: jackets, shirts and backpacks can rock this classic blue. Add it as an accent piece or go for head-to-toe denim by mixing dark and light washes. The same goes for guys; denim goes with everything and makes outfit choosing easy.

Statement Jewelry

Eighties-inspired jewelry subscribes to the “go big or go home” motto. Chunky bangles, draping layered necklaces and big bling rings are all fair game. Guys can take on this trend with bulky watches, long dog tag necklaces, or big class rings.

Haley Walker

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

It would be hard to blame Avery Huff for rethinking his commitment to the Miami Hurricanes right now ...

The losses keep coming for Miami Hurricanes football and Mark Richt. And this feels like the biggest ...

The University of Miami is losing the architect of one of the nation’s best defenses. UM defensive c ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

A UM medical team has released the first report of acute symptoms and clinical findings in 25 person ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...