Edge, Fashion

Vintage looks make cool, contemporary comebacks

vintageWhile the modern girl is a little less poofy-haired and MTV-obsessed than her 80s counterpart, she can still get by with a lot of the same looks. Here are a few trends born in the 80s that guys or gals can still rock today.

Leather Jackets

Revive the 80s punk scene with a loud leather jacket. This is the perfect piece to liven up jeans and a tee or add edge to a feminine dress. Guys can rock the leather style with almost any outfit. Throw on some aviator shades for a timelessly cool look.

High-Waisted Pants

Fake longer legs with a pair of pants that cinch at the waist. Match a looser pair with a crop top and belt, or a tighter pair with an oversized cardigan. Guys can try out mid-rise jeans as an alternative to the typical sagging style.

Denim

Not just for jeans: jackets, shirts and backpacks can rock this classic blue. Add it as an accent piece or go for head-to-toe denim by mixing dark and light washes. The same goes for guys; denim goes with everything and makes outfit choosing easy.

Statement Jewelry

Eighties-inspired jewelry subscribes to the “go big or go home” motto. Chunky bangles, draping layered necklaces and big bling rings are all fair game. Guys can take on this trend with bulky watches, long dog tag necklaces, or big class rings.

Haley Walker

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

The University of Miami connects scholarship recipients with the donors who helped make their educat ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

The University of Miami got off to a dream start at the ACC Swimming & Diving Championships Wedn ...

The sophomore first baseman smashed two homers to help power Canes to 4-0 start. ...

The University of Miami track and field team is set to compete at the 2019 ACC Indoor Track and Fiel ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...