UM junior passes away

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim, a University of Miami junior from New Jersey who lived in the University Village, passed away, according to an email from UM President Donna E. Shalala sent Monday afternoon.

Ephraim was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, majoring in physics with minors in biology and math.

She was involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of Physics Students and Scientifica Magazine.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,” Shalala wrote. “As always, University Chaplains are available to assist students, as well as the Counseling Center…”

The Counseling Center can be reached at 305-284-5511. Students can also contact the Dean of Students Office at 305-284-5353.

Update: Physics major, campus activist Aurora Ephraim passes away

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...