UM junior passes away

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim

Aurora Ephraim, a University of Miami junior from New Jersey who lived in the University Village, passed away, according to an email from UM President Donna E. Shalala sent Monday afternoon.

Ephraim was a student in the College of Arts and Sciences, majoring in physics with minors in biology and math.

She was involved in the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of Physics Students and Scientifica Magazine.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends,” Shalala wrote. “As always, University Chaplains are available to assist students, as well as the Counseling Center…”

The Counseling Center can be reached at 305-284-5511. Students can also contact the Dean of Students Office at 305-284-5353.

Update: Physics major, campus activist Aurora Ephraim passes away

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...