CGIU, News

Watch the CGIU live stream

The opening session of Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU) 2015 featured remarks by Chelsea Clinton and UM President Donna E. Shalala at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

President Bill Clinton then moderated a panel of three participants who spoke on accelerating opportunities for all.

On Saturday at 9 a.m., Chelsea Clinton will moderate a session on “The Power of Big Data.” The closing conversation will then take place at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

If you’re already on spring break and can’t be at the BankUnited Center, watch them all online here:

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...