Campus Life, News

Iron Arrow Honor Society inducts spring 2015 members

XXXX leads current and newly inducted members through campus Thursday to "tap in" other members of the UM community. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

Senior Brad Bradshaw, son-of-chief of Iron Arrow, leads current and newly inducted members through campus Thursday to “tap in” other members of the UM community. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

The Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, finished tapping its newest members into the Tribe Thursday.

Founded in 1926 with the university’s opening, Iron Arrow recognizes individuals from the UM community who exemplify the five qualities of Iron Arrow: love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

IronArrow2_NG

Senior Brad Bradshaw taps in Shirelle Jackson, director of student-athlete development. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

This year’s selected individuals who were tapped are:

Lindsay Adkin

Mischael Cetoute

Simone Douglas

Ricardo Fraga

Christine Freer

Miranda Goot

Mary Ann Hernando

Luis Herrera

Shirelle Jackson

Laura Kohn-Wood

Brian Malcolm

Brian Oliver

Austin Payne

AJ Ricketts

Eliott Rodriguez

Zulena Segarra-Berrios

Arun Sharma

Sara Solano

Christel Wekon-Kemeni

Anna Bona

W. Dalton Dietrich

Anne Kimball

Richard K. Lee

Allan D. Levi

Shailee Patel

Erryn Tappy

Denise C. Vidot

Salih Yasin

A. Platon Alexandrakis

Emily Dabau

Friday was strange for Gino DiMare. It wasn’t because his whole family went out to the mound at Alex ...

One thing was obvious to Wayne Younger the first time he got his hands on Ladarius Tennison: The ath ...

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The University of Miami baseball team opened the Gino DiMare era with a record-setting victory over ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

Game time is 6 p.m. in Chestnut Hill, Mass. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team will play its second top-five foe in a span of three g ...

The University of Miami golf team heads to the Big Easy to open competition Sunday at the 2019 Allst ...