Campus Life, News

Iron Arrow Honor Society inducts spring 2015 members

XXXX leads current and newly inducted members through campus Thursday to "tap in" other members of the UM community. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

Senior Brad Bradshaw, son-of-chief of Iron Arrow, leads current and newly inducted members through campus Thursday to “tap in” other members of the UM community. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

The Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, finished tapping its newest members into the Tribe Thursday.

Founded in 1926 with the university’s opening, Iron Arrow recognizes individuals from the UM community who exemplify the five qualities of Iron Arrow: love of alma mater, character, leadership, scholarship and humility.

IronArrow2_NG

Senior Brad Bradshaw taps in Shirelle Jackson, director of student-athlete development. Nick Gangemi // Photo Editor

This year’s selected individuals who were tapped are:

Lindsay Adkin

Mischael Cetoute

Simone Douglas

Ricardo Fraga

Christine Freer

Miranda Goot

Mary Ann Hernando

Luis Herrera

Shirelle Jackson

Laura Kohn-Wood

Brian Malcolm

Brian Oliver

Austin Payne

AJ Ricketts

Eliott Rodriguez

Zulena Segarra-Berrios

Arun Sharma

Sara Solano

Christel Wekon-Kemeni

Anna Bona

W. Dalton Dietrich

Anne Kimball

Richard K. Lee

Allan D. Levi

Shailee Patel

Erryn Tappy

Denise C. Vidot

Salih Yasin

A. Platon Alexandrakis

Emily Dabau

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...