Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes wrap up homestand with win over FGCU

The Hurricanes (9-4) held their annual matchup with the Marlins Tuesday, and held their own for three innings before the Marlins went off for six runs in the fourth. The Fish started many of their notable names, before replacing most in the third and fourth innings.

UM pitchers squared off against professionals like Ichiro Suzuki and Dee Gordon.

The names weren’t quite as big Wednesday night against FGCU, but Miami, led by Zack Collins’ 2-3 night, cruised by the Eagles, 7-3.

“It felt good tonight,” said Collins to HurricaneSports after the game. “I felt really good at the plate.”

Collins entered the game with a 1-18 slump at the plate to his name, but quickly broke out of it, launching a home run to center field on the first pitch he saw from FGCU’s Sterling Koerner.

Miami will now travel to Louisville to open up ACC play in a three-game series with the Cardinals, a program that has reached Omaha the past two seasons.

AJ Ricketts

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...