Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes wrap up homestand with win over FGCU

The Hurricanes (9-4) held their annual matchup with the Marlins Tuesday, and held their own for three innings before the Marlins went off for six runs in the fourth. The Fish started many of their notable names, before replacing most in the third and fourth innings.

UM pitchers squared off against professionals like Ichiro Suzuki and Dee Gordon.

The names weren’t quite as big Wednesday night against FGCU, but Miami, led by Zack Collins’ 2-3 night, cruised by the Eagles, 7-3.

“It felt good tonight,” said Collins to HurricaneSports after the game. “I felt really good at the plate.”

Collins entered the game with a 1-18 slump at the plate to his name, but quickly broke out of it, launching a home run to center field on the first pitch he saw from FGCU’s Sterling Koerner.

Miami will now travel to Louisville to open up ACC play in a three-game series with the Cardinals, a program that has reached Omaha the past two seasons.

AJ Ricketts

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas